Comparing ML CLS1's with Magnepan .7...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhd1953

Reaction score
I've added a new pair of Magnepan MG .7 quasi ribbon speakers to my home theater...

With no break-in, they sound great, very possibly an alternative to the CLS's. At $1450 for a new pair, vs replacing the CLS panel's for +$3,300 (and still using the old electronics) a very real choice...if you want full range electrostatic speakers.

The MG .7 seem to be far less sensitive to room positioning. I first had them 2' behind the CLS's, figuring on breaking them in. They sounded so good (with the CLS's off) that I decided to forget waiting for break-in.

Driven by a classDaudio STS amp and Anthem AVM 30 pre.
The CLSs' are driven by an Anthem MCA 225 amp.
MG point7-CLS side by side(11x7).jpg

I've added a new pair of Magnepan MG .7 quasi ribbon speakers to my home theater...

With no break-in, they sound great, very possibly an alternative to the CLS's. At $1450 for a new pair, vs replacing the CLS panel's for +$3,300 (and still using the old electronics) a very real choice...if you want full range electrostatic speakers.

The MG .7 seem to be far less sensitive to room positioning. I first had them 2' behind the CLS's, figuring on breaking them in. They sounded so good (with the CLS's off) that I decided to forget waiting for break-in.

Driven by a classDaudio STS amp and Anthem AVM 30 pre.
The CLSs' are driven by an Anthem MCA 225 amp.View attachment 21288
So what is your opinion now comparing the Martin Logans to the Magnepan? Ive heard both in the store but cant recall how they compared. The store I buy from no longer carries Magnepan. Seems like Magnepan is more affordable and probably dont wear out like the Martin Logan panels do.

Back