'Coffe & Cars'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I kinda hate you, now.

It's ok. I get that a lot. ;)

Is the roll bar for track days, Rich, or simple safety?

The car originally belonged to my Uncle, who used to autocross it a lot. He put the roll bar in, as well as the 4.2 liter engine. He died a few years ago and I bought it from my aunt and had it fully restored. I decided to keep the roll bar, for looks, general safety, and because I expect to get it out on the track as well. I'm not sure it's legal for autocross these days though. When I'm seated in the car with helmet on, the helmet sticks up about two inches above the roll bar. I'm a little taller than my Uncle was.

The car originally belonged to my Uncle, who used to autocross it a lot. He put the roll bar in, as well as the 4.2 liter engine. He died a few years ago and I bought it from my aunt and had it fully restored. I decided to keep the roll bar, for looks, general safety, and because I expect to get it out on the track as well. I'm not sure it's legal for autocross these days though. When I'm seated in the car with helmet on, the helmet sticks up about two inches above the roll bar. I'm a little taller than my Uncle was.
After I rolled my 356B as a youth, I bought a Healey 3000MkII (with triple carbs!). Like your Jag, a true roadster. Now on high alert to the phenomenon of Ken+sports car = upside down, my mom was adamant that I install a roll bar, post haste.

Not the most aesthetic accessory, but highly desirable when needed.

Rich, awesome pics and very nice ride. I need to come over and get a ride and see if that Sumit setup is for real ;)

Merc is getting long in the tooth. Quite fancy this espresso Boxster in the exact same finish... fits the thread nicely:) Those wheels in the flesh are drool worthy. They have a car with them on at the local dealer.

Justin, perhaps when you get your Expresso Boxster they'll throw in the coffee machine !

Well the coffee machine turned up Dave, but not with the car:D.

BTW I thought it was expresso for a while, but it is indeed espresso. Live and learn:)

Last edited:
Interesting he doesn't mention the other-other crucial factor - precisely controlled water temp. For this, you need a PID, either built in or aftermarket. Temp surfing's for the birds....

Rejoice Canucks! I do have a Reg Barber tamper.

You're halfway there! But without an RB tamper, you know it ain't gonna taste right.:p

Back