CLX system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that the balanced force subs have ARC. If you use Audyssey on your receiver/pre amp, do you then run ARC on the sub after the Audyssey is set up? Wondering if its a good thing to use both ARC and Audyssey together. Doesn't Audyssey adjust the sub too? I'm thinking Audyssey simply sets the level and crossover point on the sub.

What does ARC do?

Just looked around on the web and it looks like ARC is a system like Audyssey, does a similar thing and comes with a preamp?

I'm familiar with Anthem ARC and using it for the subs or other ML Masterpiece speakers excluding the CLX and Neolith. You run the sub or the ML speaker first then the ARC. I"m assuming the Audyssey is similar to the Anthem ARC for a multichannel room.

Hi Dan,

I’m using the GIK Alpha 6a behind my CLX. It works like the 242 absorbing harsh frequencies but also as a diffuser for creating a huge soundstage!
I have a similar treatment called abfuser behind my CLX's. The company is not longer around but the are curved which is hard to see in the picture. I tried just absorption but it just seemed to much so went with this and am very happy.

I'm a big fan too. I have added 2 REL 212/SE last year not forgetting their "Blue basseline cable".

Attachments

• IMG_8147.jpeg
    IMG_8147.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8148.jpeg
    IMG_8148.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8149.jpeg
    IMG_8149.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
I bet the real 212s sound great with the CLXs! They don’t look nearly as large next to the Logans as I thought. One reviewer of the Carbons compare them to the 212s saying that the two sounded very different. Not sure how but I find the Carbons to sound very tight and clean.

@Harlequin Yes, certainly one of the worse investment I have made in this hobby since decades.
Pure snake oil..............at list with the CLX!

IMG_8347.jpeg

IMG_8351.jpeg

@Harlequin Yes, certainly one of the worse investment I have made in this hobby since decades.
Pure snake oil..............at list with the CLX!

View attachment 21114

View attachment 21115
I respectfully disagree. I have the Gaia’s for my CLX definite huge improvement over the factory feet which are terrible for a speaker of this caliber! They do what they say as advertised and I heard an improvement on my system. Worth the minimal investment.

Thank you for your considerations gentlemen...Tho I am now officially confused :unsure:
Are you still using the Gaia's @brd78

Roger,
What I do like, not necessary must be your liking. Contrary to Mr. Brd78, the Gaia II did a good thing to my CLXs. Have a listen, and let your ears decide.

The Gaia II is a device that holds a US patent pending.

Happy listening!

Thank you for your considerations gentlemen...Tho I am now officially confused :unsure:
Are you still using the Gaia's @brd78
What you have read is true, what works well with others may not work well with your own system. The good news is that you can buy a set for each speaker from The Music Room tmraudio.com 60 day trial if you don’t like what they do for you send them back for a full refund. Ask for Nick Lucini he will give you a nice discount on the Gaia II‘s. Tell him Paul sent you! Thank you and best of luck!

Thank you for your considerations Gentlemen...It will be interesting comparing them with the current Incumbant Stillpoints.

@Harlequin I'm still using them but unlike in Roberto's case, my CLXs are fitted with Gaia I (and not Gaia II ).
Gaia I - up to 100kg
Gaia II - up to 50kg
CLX = 49.9kg each
Gaia I are 1250€ in Europe (2 set of 4) less the carpet discs
They do look fancy but....................

Ooopppssss, sorry my mistake regarding the model. The specs of the Gaia II are: The GAIA II has a height of 26mm and includes M8, M6 and ¼-20 thread sizes. Designed for a wide variety of floor standing speakers with a maximum weight of 120lbs (54kg). Alternative threaded studs provided in M8, M6 and ¼ -20.

The specs of my CLX is: Weight
110 lbs. (50 kg)

I do not see it is not working. It works like a strut. I do like what I hear...

Those poles are Argent room lenses (long discontinued). They break up reflections/standing waves and focus the soundstage.
I used to have three but a child (not mine) busted one.

Hi,
I can see that this thread is quite old but I will try to ask for your experience with the Argent Room Lenses.

A few weeks ago I built two Jon Risch clones of the former Argent Room Lenses.
The Room Lenses are made from high density thick walled PVC tubes, sitting in a base made of MDF and the tubes are open at both ends, The tubes are stuffed with buffy polyester batting at different specific heights to absorb typical 8 foot = 2,43 m ceiling resonance mode, effectively damping these unwanted frequencies.

I have placed them behind my ML Aerius speakers. The result is definitely positively audible but I would be very pleased to hear from anyone of you out there if you have made experience with such room lenses room treatment.
For those of you who might not know what Argent Room Lenses are, I have uploaded a picture of the ones I made.

Where did you place the lenses to get the best sound stage improvement?
Did you move them around to find the best position achieving the best soundstage?
I have a TV screen between the speakers, which does not allow me to place a third lens between the speakers.
Any help/suggestions are very welcome.

Back