• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Martin Logan Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

CLX System (everything must go)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwa

Reaction score
Resized_20201016_195201 (2).jpeg

Selling my CLX system. Would prefer to sell the entire kit together and do local pick up but will break out components if you arrange shipping etc.

Total System price: $30,000

CLX: $12,000
McIntosh 501 Mono AMP: $ 4,000 each
McIntosh C49 Pre Amp: $3,000
McIntosh MCD SACD Player: 2,000
JL Audio Fathom Sub: $4,000 each
Resized_20201016_195201 (2).jpeg

Wow, downsizing or completely changing direction ?

Selling my CLX system. Would prefer to sell the entire kit together and do local pick up but will break out components if you arrange shipping etc.

JL Audio Fathom Sub: $4,000 eachView attachment 22044

JL Audio Fathom Sub: $4,000 eachView attachment 22044
Hello, JohnWa my name is Henry a new member. Can I get in touch with you by other means? Thank you.

Hi all, I have managed to sell everything but the CLXs. They will either find a new home within the next week or go into long term storage or consignment. If anyone is interested let me know. Was asking $12,000 but will consider reasonable offers. I have the original boxes but unless it's local pick up in the Seattle area, the buyer would be responsible for coordinating and paying for shipping. Sorry short window but they deserve a proper home

Attachments

• Stereo a.jpg
    Stereo a.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • stereo b.jpg
    stereo b.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
  • stereo c.jpg
    stereo c.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • stereo d.jpg
    stereo d.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
  • stereo e.jpg
    stereo e.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
Thank you for the support and I am now down to the wire before long term storage or consignment. I had a member interested but the logistics/timing don't look like they are going to work out. $10,000 but you take care of shipping and or pick up. I leave this weekend. Best to all regardless

Thank you for the support and I am now down to the wire before long term storage or consignment. I had a member interested but the logistics/timing don't look like they are going to work out. $10,000 but you take care of shipping and or pick up. I leave this weekend. Best to all regardless

Speaking as an owner of CLXs, too bad you have not been able to sell yours

Vaya con dios! Stay safe, be well!

Thank you and indeed a shame that someone in the forum didn't elect to take these outstanding speakers home. Assuming no one gets buying fever very quickly the truck comes at noon on Friday where I suspect they will sit in consignment for a while and I will be pressured to wholesale them. That said, I was lucky enough to enjoy my dream system for a few years and am genuinely thankful to ML for providing me with an entirely new appreciation for sound reproduction.

The CLXs are up for grabs again. I have moved and they are currently in storage anxious for someone to love them again. The rest of the system is sold but a new home is desired for the CLXs. Was asking $12,000 but will consider any reasonable offer. You would have to arrange shipping if not in the Seattle area

As a lover of full range ESL's I would definitely be interested, if I could afford them. From my listening at a show, though, they're but a marginal upgrade from my CLS II's.

As a lover of full range ESL's I would definitely be interested, if I could afford them. From my listening at a show, though, they're but a marginal upgrade from my CLS II's.
Leporello, As a previous owner of CLS II, IIA and IIZ the difference is not marginal. If you can make the upgrade, you will be stunned.
I have never heard a store or show demo that was as impressive as in a home setting.
At least think it over.

Back