Quantcast

CLX: power cables

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

BDH55

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Did not run $40/ft wire but did wire 2 dedicated duplexes with 10ga Romex home runs to 2 dedicated breakers in the master panel with attention paid to their being wired in-phase. I too noticed a significant improvement in system sound quality doing this.
I'm feeling really lame as I had never even heard of Oyaide cable before this thread, and while I did run two dedicated circuits off the same phase, I only used 12 ga Romex...

GW1800

Reaction score
Romex is romex. Not great copper, not shielded and most likely side by side wires. Going to 10 ga. Is better then nothing. When I get home I will send info on Oyaide wire.

GW1800

Reaction score

BigGuy

Reaction score
Here is some info on this wire. It comes in 10 or 12 ga. metric versions. Also there is version 2 out now but the web site does not mention it. Not sure what has improved but some tweaking must of happened to call it V2.

https://www.lotusgroupusa.com/uploads/2/6/4/9/26498389/102ssc_press_release_information_eng.pdf
EE / F-S 2.6 |電線・ケーブル・オーディオ・専門店 小柳出電気商会(オヤイデ、oyaide)
Thanks for the links. Searched on EE/F-S2.6 but only vendor I found was on Ebay in Japan selling 1 meter for $101.00.
Is there a source in the United States?

GW1800

Reaction score
Use this address to contact Ed. He has a supply of this cable in the US. Note the hyphen (-) between audio and ultra: edward@audio-ultra.com

again I highly recommend this cable but don’t forget proper grounding, upgraded duplex and good power panel practices.

Good Luck you will wonder why you either never thought of this or did it before!!