CLX going the way of the dodo

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am fortunate enough to have a pair of CLX c/w a pair of Descent i (I got these from DaVinci years ago). I'll likely be keeping them until I finally downsize my home, although the big Maggies look interesting (again never had the opportunity to hear either the 20.7 or 30.7)

I think the comments on lack of marketing support are on point. I have been going through some old audio magazines over the last few weeks and saw 2 full page ads in Stereophile years ago, no reviews that I saw other the Valin (?) in Absolute Sound long ago. The only time I ever heard them at a show was in Montreal again many years ago.

My guess is that the CLX was discontinued due to the complexity and cost of the DualForce bass panel.
That cost along with the overall size of the unit, limits deployment options in many homes.

A shame, it's a beautiful speaker, and the DualForce elements were a significant advance in ESL tech.

My guess is that the CLX was discontinued due to the complexity and cost of the DualForce bass panel.
That cost along with the overall size of the unit, limits deployment options in many homes.

A shame, it's a beautiful speaker, and the DualForce elements were a significant advance in ESL tech.
It’s truly a reference product for Martin Logan that doesn’t work for all listeners systems, like you stated mostly due to size and expense. I don’t think many would enjoy without a GREAT subwoofer setup in the system which adds to the overall expense! I feel extremely fortunate to have the space and I get to live with mine everyday. My opinion the ultimate electrostat speaker experience.

Hello everyone, just wanted to see if anyone is interested in CLX pair in dark cherry? I’ve managed to get one more from the factory. You could be the lucky owner of the very last pair of new CLXs! They’re in the process of being manufactured now expected delivery in about a month. Let me know if you’re interested.I can reached by phone or text at 830-DAVINCI (830-328-4624) or email [email protected]. Thanks and happy new year everyone!

Latest posts

Back