CLX going the way of the dodo

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twich54. I think many dealers did in the past, when did OA last have them? I think years ago that is how sad this whole thing is.

Seems like everyone in the sales chain just moved on to the next shiny object. Not saying the newer hybrids are not better then what they replaced they are by far but just fall way way short of the CLX. Actually twice in my experience the 15’s were over looked easily.

The CLX is unique to its own it should of been celebrated instead of sequestered to a audio dungeon by sales. They never really promoted the CLX as a package with subs what a mistake!!

My Dad has always said new does not guarantee better when I was young never really believed or understood that but it’s so true.

With the letting go of Peter and Dennis retiring the true hards are fewer and fewer. I get it as a company ML must appeal to the masses but I think with the retiring of the CLX a bit of their sonic soul has also been lost.

Another bit of irritation. Once I got word I first called Tuesday morning for service thinking I may purchase some parts. No word Tuesday. I then called Wednesday morning and here it is Thursday late afternoon and no call back. Wow!! I’m sure they will blame it on Covid I’m so tired of that excuse. Just need a phone call to a customer the owns CLX, 2-212, 13’s, 2-Descenti’s, 6 -Vanquish, Focus, 6-Helos 100 and a pair of outdoor speakers. Guess I have not purchased enough for a phone call!!

Another bit of irritation. Once I got word I first called Tuesday morning for service thinking I may purchase some parts. No word Tuesday. I then called Wednesday morning and here it is Thursday late afternoon and no call back. Wow!! I’m sure they will blame it on Covid I’m so tired of that excuse. Just need a phone call to a customer the owns CLX, 2-212, 13’s, 2-Descenti’s, 6 -Vanquish, Focus, 6-Helos 100 and a pair of outdoor speakers. Guess I have not purchased enough for a phone call!!
Ron is the guy in parts and service, its just him now with no help. I emailed him last night and got an answer this morning. I ordered new Prodigy panels. I emailed him back and had an answer in about 5 minutes. We went back and forth several times like that. So I recommend email communications. It seems to be working best for him. I was able to accomplish what I needed to. Now just have to wait 14 weeks or more for my panels. :cry:

I get that but Email is so impersonal and great for a few direct questions. My request is more complex and would most likely take several emails or a 5 minute conversation. I guess I’ll keep waiting.

I get that but Email is so impersonal and great for a few direct questions. My request is more complex and would most likely take several emails or a 5 minute conversation. I guess I’ll keep waiting.
Yeah, im the same way but what I had to communicate wasnt quite as detailed. He did tell me that he could call me on Tuesday. It is disappointing compared to the past where I would call and a live person would pick up the phone right away. I hope it is just the covid-19 and they will get back to how it was. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. In the past I talked with a guy on the phone with a problem and the call must have lasted nearly an hour.

Yeah, im the same way but what I had to communicate wasnt quite as detailed. He did tell me that he could call me on Tuesday. It is disappointing compared to the past where I would call and a live person would pick up the phone right away. I hope it is just the covid-19 and they will get back to how it was. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. In the past I talked with a guy on the phone with a problem and the call must have lasted nearly an hour.
Could you provide Ron's email please? I had placed my order through Brian Bailey-National Accounts Service Manager and he said he would contact me when ready. Odd that did not require a deposit or partial payment. Thanks

Could you provide Ron's email please? I had placed my order through Brian Bailey-National Accounts Service Manager and he said he would contact me when ready. Odd that did not require a deposit or partial payment. Thanks
Ron said I dont need a down payment either, and I was surprised too. I think thats a good show of trust on their part and im impressed by it I must say. Here is the email I have been using:
[email protected]

Just that email. Today and several months ago it has been him taking care of business there. He said it is just him now in parts/service.

1604029764593.png

Ron

Service Technician

MartinLogan LTD

[email protected]

TEL(Main): (785) 749-0133

Press “2” for Parts and Service

Ron said I dont need a down payment either, and I was surprised too. I think thats a good show of trust on their part and im impressed by it I must say. Here is the email I have been using:
[email protected]

Just that email. Today and several months ago it has been him taking care of business there. He said it is just him now in parts/service.

View attachment 21058
Ron

Service Technician

MartinLogan LTD

[email protected]

TEL(Main): (785) 749-0133

Press “2” for Parts and Service
Thanks!

So Martin Logan has sold their last pair of CLXs? I see it is still listed on their site, guess they need to update that to show its gone now. Were those last ones selling for $30k each?
I’m sure they will update it. As for the price I don’t know what other dealers were doing but I always take care of my customers, and forum members who become customers. If you ever need anything just contact us at Da Vinci Media and let us know you’re from the forum!

Oh by the way, that does include replacement parts as well as new items.

Great to know about helping out with the panels. Wish Robert D and I had known that before we ordered our panels!

Anyway, thanks as always for your ongoing support of the members and will keep that in mind for the future. I think with Russ Knotts slowing down you may be getting more orders.

Great to know about helping out with the panels. Wish Robert D and I had known that before we ordered our panels!

Anyway, thanks as always for your ongoing support of the members and will keep that in mind for the future. I think with Russ Knotts slowing down you may be getting more orders.
Yes I’m sorry I didn’t make that more clear earlier that I can also do discounts for all replacement parts.

Thanks Brad just could not miss the opportunity

Back