CLX Anniversary

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roberto had suggested trying the GAIA's a while ago. One reason I didn't consider them its I have carpet and pad that are an inch thick. I didn't realize that they had carpet spike cups but don't know if they will be long enough.
The spikes that came with my CLX's weren't long enough so I had to with other spikes and modify them as the threads weren't long enough.
Do any of you use the carpet spikes and can you tell me how long the spikes are.

Thanks Brad
Hola dear Brad,

I do know your skills on wood working. Just made a small CLXs stand and use the Gaia there. Just thinking loud!

Happy listening!

A few early impressions...Considering that the speakers are not now dialled in to how I had them with the Stillpoints and the orientation of the feet are not entirely as recommend by the manufacturer I subjectively percieve the following audio phenomenon at my previous attenuation level with my usual suspects test tracks.

A deeper and wider sound stage in the room.

The virtual 3D bubble of sound that can form around the listener on well recorded tracks is even more dense and saturated.

Cleaner more tuneful base.

Improved resonance and decay with strings and piano.

Macro and micro detail in the mid and upper registers remains impressive but have lost a slight but noticeable tendency toward a hardened brittle edge obviously imparted by the previous Stillpoints.

Overall a more organic presentation.

Early days with more tweaking to come.

Last edited:
Yes, do that, and I had tilted a little bit forward the CLXs. Just count 2 turns at the back position of the Gaias. Just two turns game to me the sense of the sharp focus that I was looking for, having a fantastic stage with truly sense of 3D.

Some might not like the Gaias. These kind of products are kind of matter of liking. It is like food. I do like garlic flavor, some of you do not and all know all the benefits of the garlic for our health.

The four Gaias logo should be facing front.

Happy listening!

Hola Roberto.
I shall endevour to orientate the logos to the front however particularly on the Anniversary the front holes in the
Aluminium frame are slightly recessed and I only have a couple of turns on the thread before the feet feel secure but by then they are tight against the frame...

Hola Roberto.
I shall endevour to orientate the logos to the front however particularly on the Anniversary the front holes in the
Aluminium frame are slightly recessed and I only have a couple of turns on the thread before the feet feel secure but by then they are tight against the frame...
Yes, I do know what do you mean...mmm tough. Why don´t you use these wood rounds for shimming the back Gaias. This thickness is almost right. (https://www.amazon.com/12-inch-Wood...ound+swimming+wood&qid=1606240541&sr=8-2&th=1).

What you are trying to achieve is very precise focus of the musical instruments and voices, and holding that sense of 3D.
Happy listening!

Hola Roberto.
Because the CLXs are resting to the floor with the Gaias, you must put special attention while moving the speakers. If you found the right place for them, you are safe.

Happy listening!

Because the CLXs are resting to the floor with the Gaias, you must put special attention while moving the speakers. If you found the right place for them, you are safe.

Happy listening!

Indeed, much faffing around ahead until I have the CLX's dialled in again.
Regards.

This time spent in doing all the adjustments will pay you back with gold and diamonds...your ears will be granted with the most accurate possible sound quality.

Happy listening!

The additional weight of the Anniversary's compress the convex rubber cup on the bottom of the GAIA's onto the wooden floor like limpet mines...Not easy to move around :ROFLMAO:

Just fitted the GAIA I’s under my CLX’s.....Yes they are annoyingly expensive however the materials used and the quality of the craftsmanship take a little of the sting away.
A question to my fellow CLX / GAIA users, are you guys tightening the second washer down tight against the first washer then screwing the feet as tightly as possible to the bottom surface of the speaker?

I ask as depending on how the female thread Socket starts to accept the male threaded shaft it is not always possible to screw the feet flush and tight and have the feet orientated as recommended with the logo facing toward the listener/
Or does one screw in place only far enough to be in and orientated with the logo‘s facing as recommende ?

I hope that makes sense guys!

Yes, at list with 25th Anniversary CLX they are really difficult to adjust, especially if like me, you want to have your speakers set perfectly square in both directions (I'm thinking of doing it all over again using Isoacoustics B&W plate adaptator instead of CLX's thread).

Contrary to what has been said, you can rotate any GAIA 180° as advised by Isoacoustics on their website (see GAIA FAQ)
"Optimal results are achieved by installing the GAIA isolators with the logo facing forward, in line with the speaker’s drivers. Alternatively, they can be rotated 180 degrees to face the rear. The isolators are directional and are designed to be aligned with the speaker’s motive forces."

@brd78...nice to hear your thoughts, I will endeavour to orientate the GAIA’s for optimal however I wonder whether

“The isolators are directional and are designed to be aligned with the speaker’s motive forces."

might indicate that given the mechanics with which ESL panels physically operate that they may be less susceptible to
the GAIA’s optimal orientation.

Just fitted the GAIA I’s under my CLX’s.....Yes they are annoyingly expensive however the materials used and the quality of the craftsmanship take a little of the sting away.
A question to my fellow CLX / GAIA users, are you guys tightening the second washer down tight against the first washer then screwing the feet as tightly as possible to the bottom surface of the speaker?

I ask as depending on how the female thread Socket starts to accept the male threaded shaft it is not always possible to screw the feet flush and tight and have the feet orientated as recommended with the logo facing toward the listener/
Or does one screw in place only far enough to be in and orientated with the logo‘s facing as recommende ?

I hope that makes sense guys!
Mine are far enough were I can rotate the Gaia so the logo is facing forward.

Attachments

• FD310BB6-75B6-4DE4-8963-452072FA918F.jpeg
    FD310BB6-75B6-4DE4-8963-452072FA918F.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 27
Mine are far enough were I can rotate the Gaia so the logo is facing forward.

Hi Paul.
do you have your GAIA’s screwed up tight against the underside of your ARTs so the top of the feet are hard against the speakers? Or do you have the odd turn unscrewed in order to orientate the logo to the front.

Hola Arlequin,

Doing the physical position, will not harm what you have now, and perhaps will increase the benefits of the Gaia feet.

Happy listening!

Hi Paul.
do you have your GAIA’s screwed up tight against the underside of your ARTs so the top of the feet are hard against the speakers? Or do you have the odd turn unscrewed in order to orientate the logo to the front.
They are up as tight as I can get them while still leaving a little room to rotate the Gaia with the logo facing forward. Then the thread lock is spun down to lock Gaia in place. I’m not sure what difference the logo being forward does? but I’ll play by the rules.

ML's Anniversary Brad, Either way I am having a couple of wee drams just now whilst listening to some Dexter Gordon Ballards.
We used to have a pr of this fine loudspeakers with arc amplifiers, the latest were gamut D200, which works amazing with them, highs extended and deeper bass, a perfect marriage

Back