CLX Anniversary

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlequin

Reaction score
The system as it stands today...
Currently only running Musical Fidelity NuVista CDP into ARC Ref10 pre and ARC Ref250's all signal valves are Pre 1978 /80 NOS production 6h30-DR , early 1970's production GE6550 power regulators KT150 output valves. ML Descent i sub, Transparent Ref IC's , Magnan Signature SC's.
If I fancy a spot of analoge I can swap in a Technics SL1000 MKII, ARC Ref phono or various cassette decks or R2R's, Stillpoints rack, Shun Mook madness...

Last edited:
Good to see your name come up on the thread Harlequin. I can reasonably understand how good it must sound.

Is it the anniversary of your purchasing CLX or anniversary of CLX on the market? Either way Happy Anniversary.

ML's Anniversary Brad, Either way I am having a couple of wee drams just now whilst listening to some Dexter Gordon Ballards.

GAIA 1's mit 3/8-16 turn adapters ordered...shipping tomorrow I hope.

P.S. My query back from ML via my dealer.....Full set of replacment panels for my CLX's...£5000 :oops:

Last edited:
GAIA I's have landed, a job for tomorrow methinks....Roberto you are in trouble if I don't like them ;)

Roberto had suggested trying the GAIA's a while ago. One reason I didn't consider them its I have carpet and pad that are an inch thick. I didn't realize that they had carpet spike cups but don't know if they will be long enough.
The spikes that came with my CLX's weren't long enough so I had to with other spikes and modify them as the threads weren't long enough.
Do any of you use the carpet spikes and can you tell me how long the spikes are.

Thanks Brad

I'm going for GAIA I's under my ESL 15's. I had bought a couple sets of GAIA II's for under my Summits but before I even installed them, the ML sale convinced me to move to a pair or ESL 15's. My dealer is willing to take my GAIA II's back as credit toward a couple sets of the GAIA I's so I guess I am going to see for myself. Certainly years of very positive reviews are influencing me though... :unsure:

@Brad225 They are 11mm long.

IMG_8349.jpeg

BDH55 you are going to love the GAIA's! I started with my Summit's. So impressed that I got some for the Aeons in my home theater. About to order some for my new Balanced Force 212 sub. My stereo system now has the Oreas under about everything. iso acoustics is on to something...

The system as it stands today...
Currently only running Musical Fidelity NuVista CDP into ARC Ref10 pre and ARC Ref250's all signal valves are Pre 1978 /80 NOS production 6h30-DR , early 1970's production GE6550 power regulators KT150 output valves. ML Descent i sub, Transparent Ref IC's , Magnan Signature SC's.
If I fancy a spot of analoge I can swap in a Technics SL1000 MKII, ARC Ref phono or various cassette decks or R2R's, Stillpoints rack, Shun Mook madness...

Nice, I power mine with a pair of ARC Classic 150, also on hardwood floor (no spikes as of yet). I'll have to take a picture and post it some day

BDH55 you are going to love the GAIA's! I started with my Summit's. So impressed that I got some for the Aeons in my home theater. About to order some for my new Balanced Force 212 sub. My stereo system now has the Oreas under about everything. iso acoustics is on to something...
Well, I sure hope so as GAIA's are kind of an 'expensive tweak'. One thing I'm a little conflicted with is I recently upgraded to an Illusion center channel, and the Illusion manual makes it pretty clear that ML wants it firmly spiked to the floor... kind of opposite what I plan to do with my ESL 15's (although the GAIA's will be sitting on their carpet spikes)... As far as the Orea's go... I am with you 100%! I have them under all my source equipment, my phono pre, and my DAC. I'd love to have a set underneath my preamp but I don't have enough room for them in my rack... :rolleyes:

Just fitted the GAIA I’s under my CLX’s.....Yes they are annoyingly expensive however the materials used and the quality of the craftsmanship take a little of the sting away.
A question to my fellow CLX / GAIA users, are you guys tightening the second washer down tight against the first washer then screwing the feet as tightly as possible to the bottom surface of the speaker?

I ask as depending on how the female thread Socket starts to accept the male threaded shaft it is not always possible to screw the feet flush and tight and have the feet orientated as recommended with the logo facing toward the listener/
Or does one screw in place only far enough to be in and orientated with the logo‘s facing as recommende ?

I hope that makes sense guys!

FWIW, the floor in my listening room is oak hardwood over plywood over 2 x 8 joists. When I first got back into audio, spike footers were the go-to treatment for speakers. Made sense that the objective was to drain vibration away from the speakers into the floor. However, a suspended floor construction like I have acts like a huge drum head and channeling vibration there just causes it to do what we are trying to treat. Not to mention putting holes in the flooring. Flooring over a concrete slab avoids this issue.

Large slabs of stone mitigate the floor vibration. Another thing I did was install floor jacks in the basement below where the speakers are with pieces of 4x4 between jack and floor to distribute support across multiple joists. In addition I am also using compliant footers between the CLXes and slabs... Component Isolation

Just fitted the GAIA I’s under my CLX’s.....Yes they are annoyingly expensive however the materials used and the quality of the craftsmanship take a little of the sting away.
A question to my fellow CLX / GAIA users, are you guys tightening the second washer down tight against the first washer then screwing the feet as tightly as possible to the bottom surface of the speaker?

I ask as depending on how the female thread Socket starts to accept the male threaded shaft it is not always possible to screw the feet flush and tight and have the feet orientated as recommended with the logo facing toward the listener/
Or does one screw in place only far enough to be in and orientated with the logo‘s facing as recommende ?

I hope that makes sense guys!
Yes, do that, and I had tilted a little bit forward the CLXs. Just count 2 turns at the back position of the Gaias. Just two turns game to me the sense of the sharp focus that I was looking for, having a fantastic stage with truly sense of 3D.

Some might not like the Gaias. These kind of products are kind of matter of liking. It is like food. I do like garlic flavor, some of you do not and all know all the benefits of the garlic for our health.

The four Gaias logo should be facing front.

Happy listening!

Latest posts

Back