CLSIIz refurbish?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kotedo

Reaction score
Hi ya'll!

• Has anyone done a ML CLSIIz refurbishment?
  • What's the outcome and how much was it?
  • Was it done at ML proper?
  • How did the speakers get there?
Thanks in advance!

--Kai

ML does panel replacements for about $2995. and ship them to you. You keep your old panel.
Russell Knotts refurbishes them(about $700) and some members are using his service. In this case you ship just the panel and he refurbishes it.
Hope that helps

ML does panel replacements for about $2995. and ship them to you. You keep your old panel.
Russell Knotts refurbishes them(about $700) and some members are using his service. In this case you ship just the panel and he refurbishes it.
Hope that helps

First off, thank you!

You mentioned Russell Knotts, do you have any contact information?

When I had my CLSIIz I had an electrical engineer friend refurbish the electronics.

All diodes were checked and bad ones replaces. A number of them the solder connection was broken and only needed to be redone.
Replaced all the capacitors with high quality pieces.
Changed to point to point wiring eliminating the traces on the board (other than under all of the diodes, that part of the board stayed).
Replaced the speaker binding post with good quality products.

The improvement was very noticeable. Much cleaner precise notes from top to bottom. Better image and sound stage.

Russ Knotts is at justrealmusic.com
If you go to the first permanent thread. Speaker Mods and Repairs it is posted there by JonFo.

I recently acquired a CLSII and enjoying them as is but plan on restoring them. Panels on order. I too have an EE friend who saved my beloved VTL's who hopefully will help with these. Your note on refurbishing the electronics was very interesting!

I recently acquired a CLSII and enjoying them as is but plan on restoring them. Panels on order. I too have an EE friend who saved my beloved VTL's who hopefully will help with these. Your note on refurbishing the electronics was very interesting!
Where did you order the replacement panels?

Back