CLSIIz improvements?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kotedo, welcome to our group.
I can send you the schematic for the CLSIIz if you send my your email address.
An EE friend of mine made changes to mine when I owned them that had a very noticeable improvement in the clarity and detail of the sound.
He changed out the caps and some resistors. He found that many of the small diodes that are all grouped together had broken solder joints. He eliminated the traces on the circuit board and did point to point wiring with hight quality wire. Changed the binding posts and wire to them. The transformers were fine. I will look for a picture of the interface after he did the work.

Be sure to get them up on stands or go off the deep end as I did and build new frames that raise the panel. You can find them in one of the links on my member page or at the bottom of this post. Notice how much the Neolith looks like the design of my frames. Not saying they copied me just we went in the same direction.

My opinion is CLS speakers are painfully revealing and not for the faint of heart. They will reveal any weakness in your system. Like Roberto I am a tube fan but you need to chose what makes you happy. The more quality power you give them the happier they will be.

Brad, it's been a while, but I'm finally back. Still loving the CLS's! My wife calls them the step-children . . . :) Would you mind sending the schematic my way as well for my records?

Good to hear from you. I often think about them and wonder if all is well.
Send me your email and I will get it off to you.

Last edited:
Back