CLS Refurbs and Value?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dastro

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the site and am looking at a pair of original CLS. The owner is stating the the diaphragms were replaced about 7 years ago and that Acoustat power supplies replaced the factory ones. He stated the Acoustat power supplies are considered to be more robust. I will be auditioning them next week but am curious what the brain trust here thinks they're worth. Also, is the Acoustat power supply replacement considered a good replacement?

I just replaced panels on a CLSII and they sound quite nice. I would make sure you see proof of the panel replacement since they are $2995.00. I paid $900.00 for mine with original panels but it included the Arcici stands which are nice and necessary. Not familiar w/ Acoustat power supplies. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Im pretty sure all the panels have a serial number, but not sure about replacements. I just got Prodigy panels but forgot to look them over before I installed them. Not sure if they have a #. I would look for that. The speakers will have a serial number as well. It is a code, and there is a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to interpret it.

Look for the serial numbers on the electronics and top corners of the panels. Do you have CLS 1, II, or IIz?

Mar 13, 2020 I have an email from martinlogan service saying the "new CLSII panels are $3398.00 plus shipping". I paid $3600 (including tax) for my new CLS II in 1989.

Where are you located?

FYI, I'm giving away my CLS II (to a friend with CLS IIz) and my CLS I to whom ever wants them (no shipping though); both pairs need replacement panels.
The CLS I have a channel on the bottom of the wood frame for the cable connecting the panel to the electronics (ergo the foam under the speaker).

I've switched to Magnepan 0.7($1,450) in my living/home theater and LRS ($650) upstairs. There are no new full range electrostatic Martin Logan speakers in my price range, so I switched. Far better sound and it didn't cost much to find out.

Back