CLS Refurbs and Value?

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

dastro

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the site and am looking at a pair of original CLS. The owner is stating the the diaphragms were replaced about 7 years ago and that Acoustat power supplies replaced the factory ones. He stated the Acoustat power supplies are considered to be more robust. I will be auditioning them next week but am curious what the brain trust here thinks they're worth. Also, is the Acoustat power supply replacement considered a good replacement?

Lightloopy

Reaction score
I just replaced panels on a CLSII and they sound quite nice. I would make sure you see proof of the panel replacement since they are $2995.00. I paid $900.00 for mine with original panels but it included the Arcici stands which are nice and necessary. Not familiar w/ Acoustat power supplies. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Robert D

Reaction score
Im pretty sure all the panels have a serial number, but not sure about replacements. I just got Prodigy panels but forgot to look them over before I installed them. Not sure if they have a #. I would look for that. The speakers will have a serial number as well. It is a code, and there is a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to interpret it.