Clicking from new Dynamo 1100X subs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got another pair from ML. Again the boxes looked factory sealed, with a single layer of paper tape and four large staples with no evidence the boxes had been opened before shipping. Saying this because it draws skepticism anything was tested in advance. I only opened one and tested it, and it unfortunately too clicks when set to app. I won't bother with the other one.

I'm done with testing these. If I'm the only one in the world that has this issue, that's awesome, but if someone else somehow runs into it and sees this thread perhaps they'll know to just give up on it and return the subs.

As for me, I'm debating keeping the pair I hobbled together that only click with the App mode, and not Local, as I can just keep them on Local most of the time I think. My bigger issue is that I'm not impressed with the bass output from them at all, but don't know if it's the ARC Genesis tuning making them flat (which I keep reading about is a thing to adjust for) or what, but I can't seem to tune the type of bass response I prefer. I had zero issue getting with my cheap old single sub before sounding decently, so to have this punchy paper tambourine kind of bass versus... I don't really have the vocab for it... booming bass... is quite disappointing. I've reached out to both Anthem and ML about the tuning aspect a week ago and still no response, so that kind of leaves me thinking just return this pair and go with something else, like a REL HT/1510 Predator perhaps? no idea, I'm hoping they respond and tell me "oh make these adjustments and you're on your way!" :D I'll start another thread here for advice on the tuning issue.

Last edited:
I got another pair from ML. Again the boxes looked factory sealed, with a single layer of paper tape and four large staples with no evidence the boxes had been opened before shipping. Saying this because it draws skepticism anything was tested in advance. I only opened one and tested it, and it unfortunately too clicks when set to app. I won't bother with the other one.

I'm done with testing these. If I'm the only one in the world that has this issue, that's awesome, but if someone else somehow runs into it and sees this thread perhaps they'll know to just give up on it and return the subs.

As for me, I'm debating keeping the pair I hobbled together that only click with the App mode, and not Local, as I can just keep them on Local most of the time I think. My bigger issue is that I'm not impressed with the bass output from them at all, but don't know if it's the ARC Genesis tuning making them flat (which I keep reading about is a thing to adjust for) or what, but I can't seem to tune the type of bass response I prefer. I had zero issue getting with my cheap old single sub before sounding decently, so to have this punchy paper tambouring kind of bass versus... I don't really have the vocab for it... booming bass... is quite disappointing. I've reached out to both Anthem and ML about the tuning aspect a week ago and still no response, so that kind of leaves me thinking just return this pair and go with something else, like a REL HT/1510 Predator perhaps? no idea, I'm hoping they respond and tell me "oh make these adjustments and you're on your way!" :D I'll start another thread here for advice on the tuning issue.
Honestly, I think you should return the subwoofers as there's no reason to settle. You spend your money and you should be satisfied with your purchase. You tried all options to make these subwoofers work. It's just not meant to be

Last edited:
I agree, send them all back and get a refund. At this point this sub isn't going to work for you in your home.
There are lots of options for you in this price point. Lots of folks like Rythmik Audio and Power Sound Audio for subs. Two suggestions I offer.

I’m going to third that send those things back. And I’m going to throw in that, this really says a lot for Logans customer service or should I say lack there of, the fact that they sent you replacements is fine, but that should be a given, the fact that they told you they would be tested before they sent them to you not once but twice and obviously neither time were they tested, that’s just ridiculous and there’s no excuse for that. As for your choices personally I think you are on a much better path with your thoughts about getting a REL they make a quality product as does SVS at an even lower price point. As for you being the only one with the clicking problem, I did a basic search on yahoo and came up with many people with the clicking problem on other brands of subs Polk had a big run of subs with this problem and the vast majority were caused by poor quality Chinese capacitors in the amp sections of the subs. Good luck with your quest for some good quality subs.

I’m going to third that send those things back. And I’m going to throw in that, this really says a lot for Logans customer service or should I say lack there of, the fact that they sent you replacements is fine, but that should be a given, the fact that they told you they would be tested before they sent them to you not once but twice and obviously neither time were they tested, that’s just ridiculous and there’s no excuse for that. As for your choices personally I think you are on a much better path with your thoughts about getting a REL they make a quality product as does SVS at an even lower price point. As for you being the only one with the clicking problem, I did a basic search on yahoo and came up with many people with the clicking problem on other brands of subs Polk had a big run of subs with this problem and the vast majority were caused by poor quality Chinese capacitors in the amp sections of the subs. Good luck with your quest for some good quality subs.
I think some of these problems crept up during covid when there were bad supply issues. Many companies had to turn to different sources for parts. I hope that companies have dropped the bad ones and gone back to their tried and true suppliers.

With this clicking problem, have reports gotten much higher after 2020? My ML sub seemed to have an issue in the control board that caused thumping. I bought that during covid.

Yes Robert D as I recall a lot of those sub problems I was seeing in the search were from late 2019-2021 so what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

Wish I could say, I don't see build date information on the subs!
With their ekectrostats you can tell by using the serial number. I imagine it might be the same with subs? We have a sticky thread on here with the decoder. You could try that.

So I ordered a pair of SVS PB-3000 subwoofers to try out and no clicking :D Also, the subwoofer performance is way more to my liking, infinitely better for my tastes for movies, so I'm keeping these and returning the 1100x pair. I do wonder what the clicking is but well not my issue anymore. Now trying to get the partner to accept the cartoonish size of the PB-3000 because man they are ludicrously huge for my 14x17' space.

That's good news! I'm glad you've found a proper solution.

I think it's only fair to offer the partner a meaningful concession, a quid pro quo. Two weeks in Paris might serve.

Just my two cents.

So I ordered a pair of SVS PB-3000 subwoofers to try out and no clicking :D Also, the subwoofer performance is way more to my liking, infinitely better for my tastes for movies, so I'm keeping these and returning the 1100x pair. I do wonder what the clicking is but well not my issue anymore. Now trying to get the partner to accept the cartoonish size of the PB-3000 because man they are ludicrously huge for my 14x17' space.
I bought a Power Sound Audio Sub to complement my ML BF210 and am very happy with it. Its certainly smart to look at all available options. The guy that owns PSA helped found SVS I think, and now he has his own business here in Ohio. SVS is a great brand too.

Latest posts

Back