"Clear" Aluminum panels on the Vantage?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kdiddy

I was jusy wondering if ML will be releasing the Vantages with the "clear" aluminum panels as they did with the Summits. The black panels look nice, but that sliver aluminum finish really makes the speakers stand out.

Bright aluminum now appears on the trim browser on the website. My dealer also told me that it would be available around the end of the year.

Edit: The trim browser has those new aluminum finishes for the Summit. I also assume they're on the Vantage.

Last edited:
Aluminum trim with black panels looked weird to me... tacky even. I love the design, dont get me wrong... but go with the black trim.

Edited for stupidity on my part.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're talking about here. The ML website shows the Summits with black or aluminum trim but both have black panels. I never saw a ML speaker new or old with anything other than a black panel. The Vantage doesn't offer a trim browser on the website.

Anyway, I'd go with the black aluminum panels and trim with the dark cherry.

Craig said:
Not sure what you're talking about here. The ML website shows the Summits with black or aluminum trim but both have black panels. I never saw a ML speaker new or old with anything other than a black panel. The Vantage doesn't offer a trim browser on the website.

Anyway, I'd go with the black aluminum panels and trim with the dark cherry.

You know.. I think Craig's right. I dont think there is such a thing as a clear-ish panel.

Here is a pic of the chrome one... looks like it has a clear panel screen but it's black if you look close enough:
Martin-Logan-Summit.gif

I say, go with the black trim... much nicer looking.

MartinLogSummit.jpg

AKAIK the panels themselves were always black. I do not recall seeing clear or bright panels on the Summit. The trim is another story.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I was speaking only about the panel trim, not the entire panel itself. I did notice it on the trim browser for the summits, but not the Vantages. Some may not like it, but I think it looks great. All my furniture is black, glass and steel; from the black leather seats to the black wood and glass tv stand, all with aluminium style accents. So, you see the look I'm going for with this room. Thanks for the comments. Can anyone with ML chime in and let me know whats up? Thanks.

So, does anyone from ML know if the Vantages will eventually have the clear aluminum trim as an option? If so, I may have to wait a little while longer.

Clear Aluminum...

kdiddy said:
So, does anyone from ML know if the Vantages will eventually have the clear aluminum trim as an option? If so, I may have to wait a little while longer.
kdiddy,

The clear aluminum trim option that is not like the transparent aluminum referred to in, "Star Terk 4 - The Voyage Home"? Did Chief Engineer, Montgumery Scott have anything to do with the develpoment of the transparent aluminum? ML has made advances to be sure, but are they out on the new fronteer of metal eurgy, 'where no man has gone before', with this clear aluminum / transparent aluminum? If so, I'm going to get me some... :D

Cheers

-Robin

No I don't mean chrome. Just the plain non-black aluminum. Actual chrome trim is available, from what our ML rep. has told us, but is a custom trim. Also, it is much more than the "plain" "clear" "brushed" aluminum or what ever other descriptive word you guys would like to use. Anyways, can anyone from ML confirm this as a future option for the Vantages???

There are four aluminum trim options available for the summit that I assume will also be made available for the Vantage.

The base model option for the summit is black aluminum, which is a flat black powder coated finish. Next is clear aluminum, it is a natural polished aluminum that is clear coasted so it does not discolor. 3rd option is black chrome, which is a highly reflective black minor finish. Last option and the most expensive is chrome.

Last edited:
Ahh.. so you just want plain aluminum..

You need to see the entire speaker first before deciding to spend the extra cash on it, in my opinion. I have a lot of aluminum in my room - considering it is very contemporary - but seeing the aluminum trim on the Summits (clear, plain aluminum) made me realize that it didnt look good and wouldnt look good even in my highly contemporary setup.

My advice, once again, is you need to see this trim option in real life. If you like it, then go for it.

I just dont want you to regret it.

FYI, I really really loved the regular aluminum trim - I thought it would go well with my setup. But seeing it in person kind of took me back, didnt like it no more.

I can understand that. I'm just not really sure when I'll be able to see them up close and personal. Our Vantages, and most of the Summits at our other stores in the souther regions, all have the regular black trim. But, there is a pair of Summits with the black wood cabinet, and "clear" aluminum trim at our warehouse, so hopefully some one will be displaying them.

Back