Cleaning finger marks off Summit frames

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So.... got my beautiful new (to me) Summits home, and I've placed them in a starting position prior to being adjusted. I noticed that there are finger marks on the frame where I lifted them, and where I have held them while adjusting the toe-in.

I used a microfibre cloth on the frame, and I also tried a dampened soft sponge dishcloth, but neither attempt has got rid of the marks. How do you keep these frames clean? Naturally I'm keen not to use any chemicals at all if I can avoid it, or somethng very mild if I must. I do have some cotton gloves I can use in future to avoid this happening again, shame I didn't think about it before I did the initial install!

Jules
So.... got my beautiful new (to me) Summits home, and I've placed them in a starting position prior to being adjusted. I noticed that there are finger marks on the frame where I lifted them, and where I have held them while adjusting the toe-in.

I used a microfibre cloth on the frame, and I also tried a dampened soft sponge dishcloth, but neither attempt has got rid of the marks. How do you keep these frames clean? Naturally I'm keen not to use any chemicals at all if I can avoid it, or somethng very mild if I must. I do have some cotton gloves I can use in future to avoid this happening again, shame I didn't think about it before I did the initial install!
Regular lighter fuel (petrol) will sort this + grease/oily marks on the Summit frames and a multitude of other surfaces/materials. Also no residue is left as the liquid evaporates quickly, I even use it for cleaning CDs and removing sticky label glue.

How do you spell Windex? Would never, ever use lighter fluid on the Summit frames.

Back