Clean Power for ML Powered Speakers.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datka

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience with ESL 15s running from Shunyata - Hydra Denali D2000 , Speaker Built-in amps had huge benefits when feeding power from a cleaner source. This specific power conditioner is specifically designed for power amps. i would still not connect my Passlabs XA 160.8 monoblocks but for ML'sDigital Amps it worked wonders. Probably the biggest improvement compared to ( speaker cables, interconnects, and even the Isoacustic Giga1 footers) , btw they all had improvement when upgraded)
Non-limiting clean power that's what you need for your powered speakers. I have one extra if anyone is interested bout 2 during the clearance sale ... but get whatever you prefer but good clean power will transform your speakers. I have ESL15s and probably same would be for 13 and 11 powered speakers.

Any decent hospital grade toridal isolation transformer would be a good investment. You can find a good used 1000W one on eBay for for under $200 sometimes.

A second for toroidal isolation transformers. I run an EquiTech 5KVA balanced power transformer (all 250# of it in a huge NEMA enclosure) to feed my entire rig through a DIY sequenced power distribution system. It keeps the noise floor super low, and the 18 channels of amplification have all the current they need at all times.
I also feed the non-powered ML's the same technical power for their ESL energizers, just because.

There is so much current reserve in that thing, that when we have electrical variances, such as brief brown-outs, the lights in the room flicker, but the system just purrs along at the same voltage (+60/-60v AC) with no changes.

Back