Classical Concerts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Having been largely a Led Zep Bob Dylan Clapton AcDC etc guy before my hifi journey, with some appreciation of classical and none of opera, my music tastes are expanding due to the experiences of listening to different music on different systems at various dealers. I think this is the best takeaway from the hobby.

This has now gone into a positive loop where I am trying out live concerts to see the differences and similarities with what we hear on our systen. Have watched La Boheme, Peter Grimes, and Rigoletto recently, a performance on Mozart, and yesterday watched an excellent classical show at the Royal Albert Hall where they ran through various masterpieces and had actually canons for the 1812 overture, and Pomp and Circumstance had the whole audience singing along withe choir, got an encore just after they played, and then one more at the end of the show.

Helps me to understand what bass, air, spacing and soundstage for an orchestra is, though it can be pretty different to what we hear at home. However, this all a nice positive loop, go out listen to music, come back and listen to it froma different angle

Having been largely a Led Zep Bob Dylan Clapton AcDC etc guy before my hifi journey, with some appreciation of classical and none of opera, my music tastes are expanding due to the experiences of listening to different music on different systems at various dealers. I think this is the best takeaway from the hobby.

This has now gone into a positive loop where I am trying out live concerts to see the differences and similarities with what we hear on our systen. Have watched La Boheme, Peter Grimes, and Rigoletto recently, a performance on Mozart, and yesterday watched an excellent classical show at the Royal Albert Hall where they ran through various masterpieces and had actually canons for the 1812 overture, and Pomp and Circumstance had the whole audience singing along withe choir, got an encore just after they played, and then one more at the end of the show.

Helps me to understand what bass, air, spacing and soundstage for an orchestra is, though it can be pretty different to what we hear at home. However, this all a nice positive loop, go out listen to music, come back and listen to it froma different angle

Thats funny, I'm in the same boat. I grew up on pretty hard stuff. Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc., but lately (as I get older too I imagine) I find myself listening to Norah Jones, Ryan Adams (Ashes and Fire is awesome btw) and others like that. I still keep the heavy stuff around of course, but I've found that the speakers definitely excel tremendously with female vocal and more contemporary stuff. Ryan Adam's latest is one of my favorite albums through these speakers currently.

Back