Clarity vs. a used ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MarkMM

Any thoughts on whether it would be better to get new Clarity's or used larger model like Aeon I's or ??? Can get the Clarity's for about $1600 pair(work discount but only that model is carried).

Thanks!

The Clarity is a great speaker, but the same money spent on the used option will mostly give you better performance in my opinion - but you'll have to do the listening and see.

However you need to be extra careful with what you are buying used. Make sure the whole unit is in good condition, and most importantly, ensure the panels are both in good condition and reasonably new (check the serial number), and ensure they have been well maintained by the previous owner (no smoking in their house, and regularly vacuumed).

amey01 said:
The Clarity is a great speaker, but the same money spent on the used option will mostly give you better performance in my opinion - but you'll have to do the listening and see.

However you need to be extra careful with what you are buying used. Make sure the whole unit is in good condition, and most importantly, ensure the panels are both in good condition and reasonably new (check the serial number), and ensure they have been well maintained by the previous owner (no smoking in their house, and regularly vacuumed).

I must qualify that I am talking regarding the Clarity speakers at RETAIL price - I don't know what sort of discount you are getting because I'm over in Australia and not familiar with USD prices. The discount probably changes everything!

Back