Clarity versus Vista

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmschnur

Reaction score
In a home theater situation with restricted sitting so that the 26" vertical plane of the Clarity's works fine and only 2-or 3 three seated peple are listenng, what are the major benefits of the Vista. I understand the bass for the Vista should better.

Does this change one uses a good sub woofer with the Clarity? Is the region between 450 hz and 80 hz much better with the Vista/Vantage speaker?

Joel

Hello Joel,

The Vista should be a better speaker then the clarity, the bass will be better with the Vista but I would think you would still want to use a subwoofer. With the vantage you could get away without using a sub if you wanted to.

The clarity and Aeon always had a narrow sweet spot for my tastes; the Ascent with its wider panel was a better choice for me. When I auditioned the Vantage I was amazed how wide the sweet spot was on the Vantage, it was about as wide as my ascents but with a narrower panel. Sense the Vista uses the same panel as the vantage I would think the sweet spot would be about the same.

Take care.

Thakns-I had not picked up the fact that the panel was wider as well as taller leading to a larger sweet spot in the Vista. That does make a difference.

Joel

Set side by side, the Clarity are not on the level of the Vista. The Vista's stat panel is equal to the playable size of the Ascent while the Clarity (though an xstat also) is nowhere near (both in height and width). You will get more realism and better midbass with the Vista, no doubt about that one.

This is not knocking the Clarity, which are superb in their own right.

Back