clarity or vista Why, whats the difference?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boutrosa

Reaction score
Hi

I am ready to purchase my first pair of MartinLogans. I am wondering what is the difference between the clarity and the Vista?

Thanks

The Vista is essentially the Vantage, with a slightly larger bass enclosure...and without an internal amp for the bass driver. It has the same size panel, etc. It does have a higher crossover than the vantage, I believe. It is in their newest lineup.

The clarity has a much smaller panel, and I believe a smaller bass driver?

If you have the choice between the two, I'd go with the Vista, no question. I have a friend with the clarity...and have auditioned the Vista. I plan on getting the Vista (and bi-amping it-a pretty cheap, but powerful SS amp on the bass driver, and AES Six Pacs on the panel)

In fact, in a small room, the Vista sounded better to me than the summits! *flame suit on!* Needless to say, the Summits were set up very poorly, in a tiny room, and I didn't have the chance to play with any of the bass settings or positioning. But for small spaces, and if you're not a bass head, the Vista is amazing.

Back