cinema

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boutrosa

Reaction score
Hi

whats the difference between the cinema and the cinema I? Does one sound better than the other? What about your position in the room, as with the other logans, does it make a difference where you sit?

I know that every seat in my ht can't have excelent sound, but i want at least 3 to 4 seats to get excelent sound. basicly, how directional is the cinema speaker?

thanks

boutrosa said:
Hi

whats the difference between the cinema and the cinema I? Does one sound better than the other? What about your position in the room, as with the other logans, does it make a difference where you sit?

I know that every seat in my ht can't have excelent sound, but i want at least 3 to 4 seats to get excelent sound. basicly, how directional is the cinema speaker?

thanks
Hola, first difference is the stat panel, the Cinema i uses the new micro-perf stator, then the power supply is different too. To my ears, the Cinema i has more presence and I do understand the lyrics better too. It is really ment for reproducing the human voice with great detail and realism, with very low distortion and right in timbre...hope this can help...happy listening,
Roberto.

it does well with my Vantages but is NOT a perfect match. The mid range is close but has a bit more bite and the highs are not as strong. Never-the-less it is very close and makes for very good staging of 5.1 or 7.1 DVDs.

Joel

boutrosa said:
hi everyone again.

So whats your opinion, is it worth buying a cinema as a center speaker or not? What would you recomend?
Hola...I will try it in my system, and if I like it then I will buy it...depends on your liking. To my ears, it is one of the best center channel on the market place. Also for the almost the half it is the Fresco, it is a non electrostatic, but it is very good too. Trust your ears, and choose the one that you like most...happy listening,
Roberto.

I bought mine to match my Vantages and I am very happy with it. It will work fine as long as you are sitting the 2-4 spaces in front of your viewing position and you have tilted the speaker to aim at your nose.

Joel

Last edited:
jmschnur said:
I bought mine to match my Vantages and I am very happy with it. It will work fine as long as you are sitting the 2-4 spaces in front of your viewing position and you have tiled the speaker to aim at your nose.

Joel
I don't understand what you are saying...

You need to tilt the cinema i so that it is pointed at your head to get the best sound. This is discussed in the manual. It's horizontal dispersion will be limited to how far away you are. For my situation 10 feet away equals a sweet spot of about 7 feet wide.

Am I more clear now?

Joel

What is two to four spaces from your viewing position? How do you define a space?

thanks for all of your help.

My center seat is about 12 feet from my center speaker. So if I understand correctly, It should fill maybe three to for seats with excellent sound. for about 4.5 feet to the left and 4.5 feet to the right of the center position.

You see, there is no local Martin Logan dealer in my area. I heard the cinema i on my last trip to Miami and thaught it had excelent sound and it was as if it gave more sound than its actual size. My only concern is about the area that will not be within sweet spot. How much less clear will it be for them? I am curently useing a Klipsch C7 as my center speaker and my opinion is that its an excellent center speaker. It has 2 8inch woffers and a horn tweeter. The problem that I am having with it is that it does not mix in well with my Vistas.

You actaully hear the difference. My next step will be scripts is. But that will not be for a few other months.

Takecare,

Andy

Yes, in my situation (10 feet from Cinema) the sweet spot for that speaker is at head height and +/- about 3.5 feet from the center line. Thus 3 people have very good imaging from the Cinema and my Vantages.

Joel

PS - I meant spaces for a seat on a couch. The Vantages by themselves have a much smaller sweet spot-about 2 people wide-perhaps a bit more. This is fine my my wife and myself.

Latest posts

Back