Cinema or Cinema i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmike

Reaction score
Hi yall!

I am a new member that just purchased a new set of Claritys a week ago and I am enjoying every minute of breaking them in. What an improvement over my Bose 901s, especially at reasonable volumes.

My question is what is the difference between the Cinema and the Cinema i?
I would like to match the Claritys as close as possible since I listen to lots of dvd-a and sacd. I am sure an old Logos would sound wouderfull but is it as good of a sonic match?

What about surrounds? Space is an issue so a wall hanging unit would be preferable. Is there a new line of center and surrounds comming out that I should wait for?

My system is a Harmon Karmon avr7200, Marantz dv8400 universal disc player and an Adcom gfa 5500 2ch amp.

Regards, Mike

Last edited:
mrmike said:
Hi yall!

I am a new member that just purchased a new set of Claritys a week ago and I am enjoying every minute of breaking them in. What an improvement over my Bose 901s, especially at reasonable volumes.

My question is what is the difference between the Cinema and the Cinema i?
I would like to match the Claritys as close as possible since I listen to lots of dvd-a and sacd. I am sure an old Logos would sound wouderfull but is it as good of a sonic match?

What about surrounds? Space is an issue so a wall hanging unit would be preferable. Is there a new line of center and surrounds comming out that I should wait for?

My system is a Harmon Karmon avr7200 and an Adcom gfa 5500 2ch amp.

Regards, Mike
Hola Mike...welcome to the club!!! The difference is that the Cinema i has the new micro-perf stat panel, adding a little bit of more mid-range, and also it has a new power supply. The difference in sound to my ears is the the speech is better understanded at the new Cinema i. This does not means that the Cinema is not a good center channel. To my ears it is one of the best on the marketplace today. Trust your ears and choose the one that you like most. Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Just changed from a Logos to Theater i myself.

Get the i version if available! ;)

However, the i is MUCH more expensive but you do get the stand as a standard feature. ;)

Back