cinema i placement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seattle_jerry

Reaction score
I just picked up a used Cinema i to go with my SL3’s.

The question/problem is my tv is wall mounted but the SL3’s
Are 3 or so feet from the wall.

Do I wall mount the cinema below the tv and set the
Center channel distance further back on the AVuniy
Or place it way out in the room even with the other speakers?

What are other people’s experiences?

Thanks!
I’m running a sunfire amp and processor

My Motif is mounted on the wall below the PJ screen and the 13A panels are about 40" from wall. Distances are set for what they are. Sounds great on Movie Nights.

My Motif is mounted on the wall below the PJ screen and the 13A panels are about 40" from wall. Distances are set for what they are. Sounds great on Movie Nights.

Thanks! I was worried it might not have the depth of sound being right on the wall

Thanks! I was worried it might not have the depth of sound being right on the wall

One piece of advice is to place an absorber behind the speaker, mounted on the wall. Use layers of materials to absorb the 100Hz to 3Khz range.

Otherwise the comb-filtering from the reflected energy will mess up the dialog and music directed through the center.

It's not for nothing that the new Focus center is a monopole (built-in absorption of the Electrostatic panel rear-wave). Given the role and placement options for a Center, best to go that route for older units as well.

One piece of advice is to place an absorber behind the speaker, mounted on the wall. Use layers of materials to absorb the 100Hz to 3Khz range.

Otherwise the comb-filtering from the reflected energy will mess up the dialog and music directed through the center.

Thanks! I will do that

Back