Christmas Music...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Hey guys, what would you recommend for wonderful, 'Chrismas / Holiday Music'?

I have some excellent music, but I would like some more..., :D
Possibly for gifts... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Robin said:

Cheers

-Robin

Stick with the classics, i.e., Bing Crosby

I also have a nice single called, "Baby it's cold outside" by Margaret Whitting and Johnny Mercer.

Robin said:

Cheers

-Robin

A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack
George WInston's "Winter" (which was inspired by the above album)
Windham Hill's Winter Soltice.

I have them on reel and the tradition is to load up the reVox and let things spin while the wrapping paper goes wild.

never go wrong with Johnny Mathis or Andy Williams for clasics but if you want to push your Logans go Trans Siberian Orchestra

Last edited:
Robin said:

Cheers

-Robin
Hola Robin. Also, if you like jazz, the GRP Christmas Collection is great. Good musicians playing many christmas songs. Highly recommended. Happy listening!!!
Pura vida,
Roberto.

"Star of Wonder" Reference Recordings RR-21 on vinyl
"Christmas Carols and Motets" Gimmell 1595-10
"Sound of Christmas" The Ramsey Lewis Trio Chess 9310

Any of the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas are typically excellent high quality recordings that are festive and up-tempo. Some of the songs produce deep tight bass if your system is up to it. For example; play track 4 "Faeries" (from The Nutcracker) on Christmas Extraordinaire. MLs will bring out the best of these performances. They are usually HDCDs.

Also, check out (when Halloween season returns) thier Halloween HDCD is a 2 disc set with one having all halloween scary sounds and the other with equally well recorded redone classics such as "Flight of the Valkryes" and "Hall of the Mountain King". The perfect HDCD for parties or your haunted house.

Attachments

• AG1031-2_l.jpg
    AG1031-2_l.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 81
  • AG1225-2_l.jpg
    AG1225-2_l.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Craig said:
"Flight of the Valkryes"
"Ride of the Valkyryes" or "Flight of the Bumblebee".

now i'm stuck with this image in my head of Valkyryes flapping their little Valkyrye arms as fast as they can, all the while going "BZZZZZZZ"

sigh.

Robin said:

2 thumbs-up recommendation!

Attachments

• p52197_1.jpg
    p52197_1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Excellent choice...

SugarMedia said:
2 thumbs-up recommendation!
SugarMedia,

Your recommendation looks to be a very funny Christmas CD... :D Is it the kind of music, 'Doctor Demento', used to play on the radio at Christmas?

Cheers

-Robin

I just put on channel 940 on comcast and let it go when I am running around the house. easy way to get a lot of variety christmas music

Continuous Christmas Music...

TheBobGoat said:
I just put on channel 940 on comcast and let it go when I am running around the house. easy way to get a lot of variety christmas music
Bob,

Now that a good idea for continuous play as well as varity of Christmas music...:D But, as far as building a library or giving as gifts, what would you recommend for Christmas CD's?

Cheers

-Robin

Robin.

Yes, WT X-mas sort of reminds me of the Weird Al Yankovich stuff, doesn't it?

Last night I was listening to some classical music and found a very old CD, to my suprise the recording wasn't that bad either. The cd is called, "Sharon O' Connor's Menus and Music Volume 3. Holidays."

It was a gift from a restuarant in Dallas called the French Room and I have no idea where they located it, but the music will be played when I entertain for Xmas dinner. Too bad I can't remember where I placed the cdrom part of it that had alll the recipes.

Christmas Music

Robin, you can't go wrong with the "Trans" and "Mannheim" and of course Handels' Messiah or any of the gospel singers like Sandi Patti who have really good discs out. If you haven't heard Sandy Patti, she has one of the most powerful and beautiful voices around. Even the Dish network has a channel that plays continuous Christmas music I think.

Christmas music

P.S. for Robin; just saw your system and I think it must sound great. I could just lie on that couch and melt away the stress of the day. May I bring my binkie?

audioraptured said:
P.S. for Robin; just saw your system and I think it must sound great. I could just lie on that couch and melt away the stress of the day. May I bring my binkie?
audioraptured,

Why thank you, for the kind words... :D Yes, My system does sound really good. I enjoy it so much. Especially this Christmas, as I have the new Anthem P5 amplifier. Naturally my son helped with lots of the heavy lifting and assisted with the set-up much of my system. We have the system set-up for two room function, so when the holiday mood strikes, we can listen to beautiful Christmas music in the family room too... :D
I only wish I had some ML's in the family room, as of now, I only have my old pair of CrewinVega (three-ways, with the 12" bass), but they are OK, for the time being...

Cheers

-Robin

I second Andy Williams and Johnny Mathis. Great memories. One I picked up a year or so ago that I love is Now That Is What I Call Christmas Music. The first volume, the second doesn't look quite as good. The first volume has many Pop and Rock classics. I am amazed that they were able to get so many great ones on one collection. It is two CDs.

Back