Cheap solid state stereo power amp to drive 13a's for ocasional HT use (to save tube life of main amp)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Behringer A800
Got 2 of them from Amazon to drive my surrounds.
Cheap'n'cheerful, quite powerful and efficient.
Worth a shot I'd think

Behringer A800
Got 2 of them from Amazon to drive my surrounds.
Cheap'n'cheerful, quite powerful and efficient.
Worth a shot I'd think
Would I need to run a pair?
Probably looking for 1 more box only...

Behringer A800t Ouput Power: 2 x 400 W at 4 Ohm / 2 x 220 W at 8 Ohm / 1 x 800 W at 8 Ohm (bridged)

Probably a 602 at least, they offer lots of different power levels with varying levels of processing capabilities. For simple YouTube and TV duties any one of the models would probably suit you just fine.
Thanks.
Do you know which model numbers to look for.... ?

Here's an option from eBay UK.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35411686...SSYfGjXRWYwohGzhG8zusx0Uw=|tkp:Bk9SR8S-mKDsYA
It's for a Lexicon 3 channel surround system, asking GBP 900. You don't need the surround Pre/Pro The amp is the Lexicon NT 312 (3 X 125W into 8 Ohm ~200W into 4 Ohm). I had the 5 channel version driving my ML SL3s/Theater i/ Aerius i's, and it did great. Maybe see if the guy will take GBP 600 for just the amp. AND you end up with a spare channel!

All the best

Russ

+1 on the Adcom 555, I used one for years on my stats. Accoustat, ml areius( I think. , I have to many) clarity, and original cinema. Recently using a crown xli 1500 with no problems. Sounds great for now. Probably will upgrade in the future, when we are done with renovations and outfitting our new toy ( new class c rv). Good luck. Twodogs112.

So how do class D amps sound with an electrostat speaker? Ive never tried it, and in fact ive never used a class D amp other than whats in my subwoofers. On paper the class D is more efficient and lighter weight. Obviously the sound quality isnt to the same standard as class A or AB amps. Can anyone explain why? Id like to know more. Ive read some online about it but I dont recall ever getting a good explanation about it.

I looked at them, still new tech for home audio. Good ones are very pricey. The tech is proven though. Hence the crown xli 1500. Check the used markets for a deal. Class d is probably my next amp. Benefits far outweigh any drawbacks for me.

Back