center speaker suggestions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstring

Reaction score
Looking for some center speaker advice. Due to placement restrictions, the theater i and cinema are not an option. I'm considering the voyage/passage or possibly a magnepan cc3. First, can i flush mount the voyage/passage as any reference I've found is centered around in wall mounting. Second, anyone have experience in a maggie/ml set up? My thoughts are that the maggies are just as fast, but not perfectly timbre matched. I've got to mount the speaker above a fireplace, essentially on the mantle, which really limits my options. Not ideal, but it's all I've got. Thanks!

gstring said:
Looking for some center speaker advice. Due to placement restrictions, the theater i and cinema are not an option. I'm considering the voyage/passage or possibly a magnepan cc3. First, can i flush mount the voyage/passage as any reference I've found is centered around in wall mounting. Second, anyone have experience in a maggie/ml set up? My thoughts are that the maggies are just as fast, but not perfectly timbre matched. I've got to mount the speaker above a fireplace, essentially on the mantle, which really limits my options. Not ideal, but it's all I've got. Thanks!
Hola Gstring. I have a friend that had the Magneplanar, and he just changed it for a Fresco due to the dispersion of the Magneplanar. It is too directional. On the other hand, the Frescos have the ATF tech., and their timbre are very sweet and nice. I´m not saying that the Magneplanar is bad, just that it is too directional. Besides, the Frescos are great for voices!. Hope this can help. Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

roberto said:
Hola Gstring. I have a friend that had the Magneplanar, and he just changed it for a Fresco due to the dispersion of the Magneplanar. It is too directional. On the other hand, the Frescos have the ATF tech., and their timbre are very sweet and nice. I´m not saying that the Magneplanar is bad, just that it is too directional. Besides, the Frescos are great for voices!. Hope this can help. Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.
I'll go and say it(being a former maggie owner for twenty years) that maggie center chanel is BAD. Unless they have updated it from the one I auditioned last summer I would rather listen to Bose.... oh my God did I say the "B" word.

twich54 said:
I'll go and say it(being a former maggie owner for twenty years) that maggie center chanel is BAD. Unless they have updated it from the one I auditioned last summer I would rather listen to Bose.... oh my God did I say the "B" word.

twich,

thanks for the heads up. I really appreaciate the other resposnes regarding the fresco. I was hoping that someone could offer real world feedback on the maggie. Thanks to you and roberto for the info. Looks like I'll be getting the fresco.

"B" word...seriously funny, considering the maggie full range planars are so highly regarded.

Latest posts

Back