Center Channel purchase - New "STAGE"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
My dealer tells me the new center channel "Stage" will be introduced next month guessing at pricing between $2500-3000. They say it will be a better match with the Summitt's and Vantage speakers vs. Theater i and Cinema i. Any thoughts ????

Stage...

twich54 said:
My dealer tells me the new center channel "Stage" will be introduced next month guessing at pricing between $2500-3000. They say it will be a better match with the Summitt's and Vantage speakers vs. Theater i and Cinema i. Any thoughts ????
Dave,

The store manager, I spoke with at 'Magnolia Hi-Fi', in Santa Rosa, CA, told me the Stage was the replacement ML's Theater i. He said ML will not be making the Theater i, anymore. He quoted $3,000.00 (USD) possibly more... ;) He did not know about the Cinema i. The Stage employs ML's new Xstatic technology, for the electrostatic pannel. IMHO, that is why your sales dealer told you it would be a better match with the Summit's & Vantage speakers... :)

Cheers

-Robin

Stage 2006 Availability

That is interesting, since when I called a couple of weeks back ML told me the Stage would not be out until May/June 2006. Guess I will have to call them back!
Does anyone else have any information?
Thanks
Marc.

twich54 said:

The stage does have the Xstat panel so it will be a better match to the summit and vantage than the Theater i. Pricing was suppose to be comparable to the theater i, size wise it is suppose to be around the size of the cinema center but with a sound equal if not exceeding that of the theater i.

i know no one really knows since it hasn't been released yet, but i wonder if it will be a good match with older ML's like the ascent i's? i know they all have the same thing in common regardless of the year produced, but i wonder if it may not blend as seamless as say a theater i in an ascent i/oddysee setup.

Anthony A. said:
but i wonder if it will be a good match with older ML's like the ascent i's?

It should be.

They say the center channel should be the best speaker in your home theater because 80% of the audio passes threw it. The stage may sound a little better than your ascents, but I don’t think it would be too obvious. Maybe when the sound pans from the Stage to the ascents will you notice it, but as long as your dealer let you do an in home trail period I say give it a shot.

yeah, thats true.... try before you buy. hoping that the sound matches is first concern.... second is hoping that the "new" look will blend with the "old" look. we shall see. cheers!!!!

Anthony A. said:
yeah, thats true.... try before you buy. hoping that the sound matches is first concern.... second is hoping that the "new" look will blend with the "old" look. we shall see. cheers!!!!

I think the look of the stage will be more out of place compared to the ascents then the sound will. But the best way would be try before you buy.

Stage Update

Well I called ML to establish when it is due out - it will definitely not be out until around June 2006 in the US and then later elsewhere. Infact they originally discontinued the Theatre due to the iminent release of the Stage, however they said that is not the case anymore.

I enquired about matching the Stage with the older ML speakers, such as Ascent I's. I was told that they would match well, but equally the Theatre would be a slighlty better match. So the improvement in performance (which I was told would not be massive - I think that is the reason behin the delay), may be decreased due to the matching issue.

In summary I was advised if I had the space for the speaker then to go for the Theatre I.
Rgds
Marc.

marck said:
I think that is the reason behin the delay), may be decreased due to the matching issue.

The reasons given on the club about the pushback of the stage’s release date, was because the concept behind the stage (like the summit and vantage) it suppose to offer the same performance of its bigger brother in a smaller package. But rumors has it the stage was just falling short of the theater i’s performance so ML has been reworking it till they can get the stage to meet or exceed the theater i’s performance.

Zip3kx07 said:
The reasons given on the club about the pushback of the stage’s release date, was because the concept behind the stage (like the summit and vantage) it suppose to offer the same performance of its bigger brother in a smaller package. But rumors has it the stage was just falling short of the theater i’s performance so ML has been reworking it till they can get the stage to meet or exceed the theater i’s performance.

Yes, that is what he basically said without actually saying that :D

Hmm..............?

Well I guess that settles it I'm buying a Theater i to match my Odyssey mains! :D

Anyone in need of a Logos center channel?

Does anyone have a sneek-peek photo of the Stage they can share? Maybe a photo from Cedia? :D

twich54 said:
Dealer meant to say "introduced at winter CES" which I suppose we could get our hands on it by the second Quarter.

Back