Center channel for monolith 3.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steevray

Reaction score
I'm currently using the theater i. I've heard good things about the ESL c18. The cost is holding me back however. Will I see a huge difference in the newer c18 versus the theater i?

I heard a huge improvement over my Cinema I center channel when it was replaced with the Focus ESL C18.

Will I see a huge difference in the newer c18 versus the theater i?
Big time improvement!

For even more, stack three of them to get an approximation of what I do on the SL3XC, but with a commercial solution. Expensive, I know, but would be awesome.

In any case 1 C18 > Theater i.

Big time improvement!

For even more, stack three of them to get an approximation of what I do on the SL3XC, but with a commercial solution. Expensive, I know, but would be awesome.

In any case 1 C18 > Theater i.
How would someone go about running three of those off of the one channel? Do those speakers have an audio out balanced outlet so that you can chain them together?

How would someone go about running three of those off of the one channel?
Easy, split the center-channel out from the pre-amp and feed three power amps. I'd use a 3-channel Anthem MCA 325, so only one box. Wire outputs to each of the three C18s.
Only concern here would be the load on the preamp out being able to drive the input impedance of the three amps. Might require a line-level active 'buffer' splitter.

Back