CEDIA Show Report - My afternoon with Roberto

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full Krell Pre-amp

Here is the full 2 channel (4 chassis) version of the new Krell Pre-amp. This stuff was drop dead gorgeous! Again, the picture doesn't do it justice...

Attachments

• Krell2chPre.jpg
    Krell2chPre.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 300
MiTT said:
Notice what's on the display behind the team - that's right, there we are in real time in the Martin Logan booth!
Hey Matt...

Thanks so much for the photos and that picture of the ML club site in the background is AWESOME!!!

Can't wait for the CLX!!

MiTT said:
The Martin Logan booth was a flurry of activity. The booth was very well designed and provided many avenues of entry so that no matter which direction you approached it from you found yourself in the middle of things.

Tim, great job / photos, but tell me on your second pic why didn't you give us a shot of what was under the "T & A" Banner ????

Again, nice work, hope we can hook up for a drink, lunch or waht ever in a couple of weeks. My son says there is a stereo salon in his area (Evergreen)

MiTT said:
As Roberto mentioned elsewhere, he and I were able to meet and browse the halls of the CEDIA expo here in Denver this afternoon. What follows are a few photos and my general impressions...

First off let me say, Roberto is a class act. He's a wonderful, generous big hearted man who exudes warmth and a genuine love for music and all things audio. We are all blessed by his presence here on this forum and I feel like I have found a kindred spirit and long lost friend.

Now on to the show.

As you can see here - everyone wanted to come in and have a look at the latest audio gear.
Hola Tim...thanks for all kind words for me, but I think it is likewise...you have it too, it is called the ML sickness!!! and syndrome too...
Regards and happy listening,
Roberto.

I also got the opportunity to meet Roberto. I finally had some time to walk the show (between the classes and meetings I was busy!), and caught up with him at the ML booth.
I wish that I would have more time to chat.
I apologize if I seemed short with you Roberto.
All in all What a Wonderful CEDIA it was this year!!!!
Not to mention "T.H.E. Show" that was next door at the athletic club.
WOW!!
They had a subwoofer there that was capable of >115dB between 1 Hz and 20 Hz!!!
:eek:

On the right hand side: Is that a Vantage in silver aluminium finish ? Is it a new option for the Vantage ? Do you happen to know the extra cost for this option ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• MLBooth.jpg
    MLBooth.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
More good stuff

Here's some more of the things I didn't get around to posting last night.

Picking up where I left off, here is the new top of the line Krell A/V Processor. I don't even want to know what it costs...

Attachments

• KrellPrePro.jpg
    KrellPrePro.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 269
Primare Electronics

Here are some of the very nice looking Primare electronics imported by Musical Surroundings I believe...

Attachments

• PrimareElectronics.jpg
    PrimareElectronics.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 262
Mark Levinson (the company)

Here is a shot of the Mark Levinson booth. I didn't see anything new from them, but as always, very beautiful stuff...

Attachments

• Levinson booth.jpg
    Levinson booth.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 264
Project Turntable

There were a number of folks displaying new turntables. This one from Project caught my eye... I like the carbon fiber tonearm!

Attachments

• ProjectTT.jpg
    ProjectTT.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 264
Sanfrantastic!

Tim & Roberto,

Hey guys thank you for attending and giving us the inside look from the floor of the CEDIA expo in Denver. :D Excellent perspectives and looks into the near future of whats coming soon form ML as well. Now I can hardly wait to see the future CLX electrostatic speakers from ML...
Great digital photo's Tim. ;)

Thanks again. :D

Musical Fidelity

Musical Fidelity had a booth as big as their review log in Steophile :cool:
This trio was getting a lot of attention...the new X Ray CD player, T100 integrated amp and stand alone Power Supply.

Attachments

• MFXrayT100TripXPSU.jpg
    MFXrayT100TripXPSU.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 303
More MF

The monsterous KW500 Integrated Amp and seperate power supply. This thing was HUGE and beautiful.

Attachments

• MusicalFidelityKW500Integrated.jpg
    MusicalFidelityKW500Integrated.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 301
A little Candy?

Here's a little candy from Boulder Audio. If you've never seen or heard this stuff, you need to. It literally is in a class by itself.

Biggest news from Boulder is that they are introducing their first Integrated amp (under the candy bowl), and on the horizon (probably for CES) is their first ever CD player - redbook only according to the guy I was talking to.

Attachments

• BoulderCandy.jpg
    BoulderCandy.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 297
Cary Audio

Cary Audio had a very nice booth, here is their SACD player (someone here just got one I believe).

Attachments

• CareySACD.jpg
    CareySACD.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 295
Carey Pre-Pro

New to my eyes was this Cary A/V Pre-Pro...very nice!

Attachments

• CareyPre-Pro.jpg
    CareyPre-Pro.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 295
McIntosh Booth

McIntosh had a very large booth. Lot's of tubes, lots of those beautiful blue faceplates and lots of activity...

Attachments

• McIntoshBooth.jpg
    McIntoshBooth.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 292
MiTT said:
While I am impressed with the overall appearance of the Classe gear, I am less enamored with it when it is placed in a rack mounted application as you see here - there is no way to appreciate those beautiful rounded edges on the casework that has become their hallmark of late. Note: many, and I mean MANY manufacturers were displaying their electronics in rack mounted displays. I hope this is for the sake of floor space rather than as a trend. Beyond the obvious thermal issues, I just don't care for the look. :mad:

None the less, this A/V controller was very intriguing...

Actually, properly implemented rack-mounts cool equipment well as cooling is built into the design. More importantly, for a show you can just crate up the entire rack and ship it back home.

Marantz

Marantz had a big presence at the show. This was the first time I'd ever seen their higher end SACD players...

Attachments

• MarantzSACD.jpg
    MarantzSACD.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 289
Wilson Audio

The Wilson booth was actually pretty interesting. I spent some time there talking with founder Dave Wilson's son. This was the first time I'd ever seen the Alexandria (in silver here), the Watt/Puppy ver.8 (in blue here) or the Watch center channel (in yellow here). While not my cup of tea being a ML guy, there is no denying that these guys are VERY serious...

Attachments

• WilsonBooth.jpg
    WilsonBooth.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 292
Back