Cedia HT Winners

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!

Man...I can't wait til I get the funds together to get my gear into a pro rack. That pic display gave me some serious inspiation to get it done ASAP! Like yesterday....

Thanks,
Dan :cool:

That is just insane!
To think someone somewhere is setting up an actual room like those? :cool:

Ok....I don't know about the rest of you, but my mouth was so wide open in awe and disbelief that flies started to collect....

Can you say CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION? I knew you could!

Some of those are awsome looking, although some are questionable from an audio standpoint.

But the one that just floored me for design and execution is the StarTrek themed theater:

TT01e.jpg
TT01f.jpg

That puppy really shows what a couple of 100G's will do for decor.
However, prime listening / viewing seats in the middle are left open?
Form over function again.

I'd love to see a no-holds barred audio / video first, then decor type theater.

The other thing I love about many of these installs is the cabling jobs. Man those are slick.

Pretty much everything on that page would require lottery type money for me to even consider it. Incredible stuff.

Here's a question though, I wonder how many of the people that own those systems are really "into" the whole audio/home theater thing?

As JonFo mentioned, many of the rooms don't seem extraordinarily well designed from an acoustics perspective, nor is there really a lot of High End audio gear in all those racks (I actually didn't see any Classe gear as munster mentioned).

Don't get me wrong, I'd kill for a space like that, and I'm sure many are amazing in their application. I just wonder how many of those folks are nut jobs like us...

Not alot of Hi-end gear? Perhaps I am not seeing to well but it looks

like Classe, Mcintosh and Krell to me.

The beauty of having oodles of cash to put into these theatres is that the

sound treatments don't have to be "obvious". You can read more specifically

on the AVS Forums about the details that went into the construction of some

of the winners, and yes sound was important.

I'd bet that the average HT of the members here or at AA smoke most of these for sheer sound quality, at a whole lot less dinero.

Back