cd player - QUICK, thanks!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hififome

music hall cd25.2 ($440), music fidelity A3($595), Rega Planet 2000($450)

for a starter system, which one should I go with? - my new Aeon's need better than my 15 year old entry level kenwood! THANKS!

thanks - the music hall is the newest as far as when it was released - but does that count for anything? Has cd technology improved much in say the last 5 years? Dumb questions, I know.

not really. Although maybe get a used DAC such as Bel Canto DAC2. I had one of these and they are really good. You will be surprised what 24-192 will do....I had a decent transport at the time and compared to what I have now it was not that far off. There was a $8k difference.

I'm sure the other forum members can also spend your money:D :D

Consider the Rotel 1092....I think it is... CD only - low noise floor - I have heard it - sounded great.... Suggest an audition if you can....Price is around 500 I think???? Not sure though.

thanks for the help everyone - although no one recommended it, I went with the music hall cd25.2 (the rega and musical fidelity were already spoken for within a couple hours) - anyway, I was able to get a nib unit from a dealer on audiogon for $440. From the reviews I've read, a good cd player. I'm also considering getting a pro-ject xpression II from the same guy for $420 - good turntable to start with? I was also considering the music hall mmf-5. thanks again for the advice!

Would a CD ripped to FLAC over an optical out from a PC with a hi-def audio chipset sound anywhere near as good on a ML system as the original CD?

Sorry to hijack this thread but $500 for a CD player has me scratching my head since I've always thought that the CD was sort-of limited as it was ... Unless this plays SACDs or DVD-A ... :think:

the pc audio question is a good one - I've been weighing out the same issue - would say an MA-audio 2496 pci card output the same quality as a dedicated cd player (source material being equal)?

I decided to go with a cd player for now since I wanted an upgrade over my old player to play the hundreds of cds i already have.

any advice on the turntables?

Latest posts

Back