CD Enhancer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grungebuster 2 CD Mat

Hi,

I had the original mat and now have the latest small version. I think there is a difference between the two - the newer version just makes the disc sound better. If nothing else, it is also much easier to apply to the disc's.

For $10 it is an aboslute must - I highly recommend it!
Cheers
Marc.

marck said:
I had the original mat and now have the latest small version. I think there is a difference between the two - the newer version just makes the disc sound better. If nothing else, it is also much easier to apply to the disc's.
I really never have had much trouble applying the old mat...but I was just online and ordered the newer one to see how it does. The first one was great, so I expect more of the same from Herbie's. They are a great company to deal with and their solutions perform as they say for a great price.

Dan

DTB300 said:
I really never have had much trouble applying the old mat...but I was just online and ordered the newer one to see how it does. The first one was great, so I expect more of the same from Herbie's. They are a great company to deal with and their solutions perform as they say for a great price.

Dan

Do you have a link to these CD mats? How do they work?

Thanks.

SugarMedia said:
I have never heard of these before.... seem inexpensive enough to try as a small tweak. Hopefully with good benefits.
And it is a small tweak that works for a small amount of money. I think you will be pleased with the results you will get. For me it removes that slight high end grunge (no pun intended) that you hear on some CD's.

Dan

Anybody out there ever compare the Grungebuster to Margio CD Mat. I have there I have the deluxe one and paid a whole lot more then $10

Taz said:
Anybody out there ever compare the Grungebuster to Margio CD Mat. I have there I have the deluxe one and paid a whole lot more then $10

From what I here, the Margo's are better but you pay for the performance. The Grungebuster will get you about 60% of what a Margo can do for far less, but when only the best will do go for the Margo.

I do like it but it retails at $200 and then I saw this for about $10 and freaked. I got the Margio on sale and have loved it from day 1. But that is still a lot more then my $145 sale price.

Taz said:
I do like it but it retails at $200 and then I saw this for about $10 and freaked. I got the Margio on sale and have loved it from day 1. But that is still a lot more then my $145 sale price.

Is that the one with the Gold plating?

Do you want to sell it, and get a Grungebuster? :D
I will make you an offer if you do?

It is the one with the gold side. Thanks but I will keep it. With my luck I would sell it by the Grungebuster and then regret it and then go out and rebuy it.:D

Taz said:
It is the one with the gold side. Thanks but I will keep it. With my luck I would sell it by the Grungebuster and then regret it and then go out and rebuy it.:D

Well the Grungebuster is so cheap in comparison, if your curious how it compares you could give one a try.

Back