• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Martin Logan Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

CLOSED - Cd collection

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I want to see if there is any interest on our site here on purchasing a cd collection. There are about 1200 cds in the collection. The break down is 70% rock/classic rock, 15% jazz, 8% country, 5% classical and soundtracks, 2% Christmas. I want to sell the collection as a whole. If there is any interest in this please feel free to make a reasonable offer.

Attachments

• 3374B09A-8E18-461F-9E84-F7EBDBB70684.jpeg
    3374B09A-8E18-461F-9E84-F7EBDBB70684.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
the bigger B&M record stores typically buy them for around 2 bucks a piece FWIW

I still collect CD's... Have THOUSANDS of them in storage.. I rip to my NAS and then play the files.. The jewel case goes in the recycle bin and the disc and jacket go into binders.

Your best bet is to sell them off individually.. You'll get more for them, but it will be a lot more work, of course. If I was closer, I'd come look at them and buy what I need.

I've wanted to take my large CD/DVD/BD racks down and put my media in storage, but my wife hasn't wanted me to do that. No sure why. At this point there is almost no utility to any of it. I've ripped all the music uncompressed. Anything I've got on DVD that I actually care about has been remastered off the original 35mm film. I recently saw the remastered Babylon 5 series streaming in HD. The audio was 100% better as well.

Other than a small handful of high quality BD's that are not always streaming somewhere, and that I only pull out every so many years, they have absolutely no utility to me what-so-ever.

I dropped off boxes of VHS tapes at McKay's ( a local place that mostly sells used books ).

I don't expect to toss my digital media. I still have 3 x OPPO's in the house, one working DVCAM Pro camera and an old working VHS player, but I've already digitized my personal recorded tapes through my DVCAM Pro Camera.

Marantz and Denon just released new CD players. I am sure they realize there is a lot of people that still have a large CD collection

Swap those unwanted CD titles online via the US Mail!
I've been a Swap-a-CD club member for over 10 years and have mailed out almost 300 CD's and received over 300. While it moves fairly slowly for me due to my odd tastes (2-3 CD's in and out per month) someone with more mainstream tastes would find this club as a whirlwind for trading used CDs.
So many titles, decent search function (f.ex. can search by record label), uses the Amazon database, thousands of members, USA-addresses only.

https://www.swapacd.com/help/help_item.php?id=209

I've been a Swap-a-CD club member for over 10 years and have mailed out almost 300 CD's and received over 300. While it moves fairly slowly for me due to my odd tastes (2-3 CD's in and out per month) someone with more mainstream tastes would find this club as a whirlwind for trading used CDs.
So many titles, decent search function (f.ex. can search by record label), uses the Amazon database, thousands of members, USA-addresses only.

Yeah, I suppose you could copy the files to your hard drive and then trade them for new ones you dont have yet.

And with the CD's so cheap, you can take chances on odd stuff you missed. I'm catching up on lots of 90's titles. Last month I found the 1994 album The Grassy Knoll on Nettwerk label which had slipped away from me.
All the time, other members are finding hoards of used CDs and adding rare (rare-ish) titles.
The SaCD site lets you buy and print postage, on and on with conveniences!

Very cool! I had not heard of these guys before!!! (y)

I might be interested. Do you have a listing of what’s in the collection? You could DM me. My wife wouldn’t be happy. I’d have to rip them and immediately send the discs to storage.

Agree. Look at vinyl records. Time+eBay = $money
Ive got a LOT of my orignal Star Wars toys from the 70s. Most of mine I kept, but sold a few of the more common pieces about 12 years ago. I plan on just hanging onto them even longer. Star Wars is hot again. Ive got all of the boxes and instructions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back