Can the Auto-shut off be adjusted?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstory

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried searching the forum to see if this has been covered, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to adjust the time of the auto shut off for my Aerius i speakers? Especially when I am watching movies, the red lights will go out, on the speakers and it seems to happen quite quickly after the sound decreases. Especially noticable when there is mostly dialogue only.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted in any way?

Thanks,

Chuck

Have you looked into disconnecting the "red light" since it's bugging you?

Last edited:
Statman said:
Have you looked into disconnecting the "red light"

Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light!!!
Those days are over!!
You don't have to sell your body to the night!!! :D :D :D

cstory said:
Hi,

I tried searching the forum to see if this has been covered, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to adjust the time of the auto shut off for my Aerius i speakers? Especially when I am watching movies, the red lights will go out, on the speakers and it seems to happen quite quickly after the sound decreases. Especially noticable when there is mostly dialogue only.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted in any way?

Thanks,

Chuck
Hola Chuck...don´t worry about the light, only takes less than one second to have the panels working again. Also sometimes, the panels are fully charged and you don´t miss anything. The led is only a pilot light, that tells when the switching power supply is working. Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Rather than disconnect, I would simply get some black finger nail polish or model paint to cover it up.

A less permanent solution is to simply use a small piece of black electrical tape over the light.

My situation requires a different solution.

When I first power on the Aerius-i's the red light comes on but then it does not recharge again, i.e. does not come on even after the ESL discharges!!!!!

So, is there a way whereby the Auto Shutoff can be disabled?

Thanks much,
Micky

Sounds as though there may be something wrong there. Perhaps the light is telling you something. If you haven't spoken with ML about it, I suggest that you should consider doing so.

This might not be a problem. In some movies and TV shows there is gaps with no sound out of the L/R speakers. Other then the light do you notice a delay or problem with the sound. The speakers switching to standby should not be a problem.

Hi,

I had a similar problem;my ML's (Aerius I) switch off at lengthy soft passages (classical etc.)
I contacted Jim Power and he gave me some instructions to change a resistor in the bias circuit to make the auto-sence circuit more sensitive.
It will very likely be a good solution for your problem.

If you want the details please send me a direct email and i'll send you the schematics..

Latest posts

Back