can any home receiver power martin logan electrostatic speakers like source

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is not really if the receiver can drive the speakers, since most can, but the poor sound quality of many of these A/V receivers will be laid bare by the resolution of the MLs. I auditioned my ESLs through a big, high-wattage Pioneer A/V receiver and the sound was bright, aggressive and two dimensional. I knew the ESLs were better than that so I bought them anyway and when I got them home they sounded glorious on my Hafler and Rotel amps.

Right now I'm using my 2 channel Aragon amp to power some old definitive speakers more than 20 years old. DR 7s, basically their entry level floor standing speakers at the time. Think I paid about $750 for them. I can't believe how good they sound, lol. Im using them while my Prodigy panels are being redone.

Never thought they could sound so good. Used to drive them with a Denon receiver.

I finally went with some Denon Power amps Mono blocks, 250W into 8 ohm, and the ESL love them, fairly cheap as well

Right now I'm using my 2 channel Aragon amp to power some old definitive speakers more than 20 years old. DR 7s, basically their entry level floor standing speakers at the time. Think I paid about $750 for them. I can't believe how good they sound, lol. Im using them while my Prodigy panels are being redone.

Never thought they could sound so good. Used to drive them with a Denon receiver.

I use an original version Aragon 8008ST to drive my reQuests. Class A and then AB over 25 watts. Amp has biwire speaker outputs. Handles the demanding load of the speakers with aplomb.

Roberto is this friends or family? I just ran across the thread.

You want to stay on the good side of that horse.
Hola Brad,
That was a good analogy, don't you think so? I got the picture in the Internet. And yes, I don't want to stay behind of the giant animal. Beautiful horse, by the way.

How is your system doing? I am in love with my CLXs...right now I'm using Conrad Johnson gear...the best sound quality that I ever had.

Also thanks for your kind words!

Happy listening!

Back