can any home receiver power martin logan electrostatic speakers like source

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

jnorris

Reaction score
The problem is not really if the receiver can drive the speakers, since most can, but the poor sound quality of many of these A/V receivers will be laid bare by the resolution of the MLs. I auditioned my ESLs through a big, high-wattage Pioneer A/V receiver and the sound was bright, aggressive and two dimensional. I knew the ESLs were better than that so I bought them anyway and when I got them home they sounded glorious on my Hafler and Rotel amps.

Robert D

Reaction score
Right now I'm using my 2 channel Aragon amp to power some old definitive speakers more than 20 years old. DR 7s, basically their entry level floor standing speakers at the time. Think I paid about $750 for them. I can't believe how good they sound, lol. Im using them while my Prodigy panels are being redone.

Never thought they could sound so good. Used to drive them with a Denon receiver.

i_rock69

Reaction score
I finally went with some Denon Power amps Mono blocks, 250W into 8 ohm, and the ESL love them, fairly cheap as well

Zwick

Reaction score
Right now I'm using my 2 channel Aragon amp to power some old definitive speakers more than 20 years old. DR 7s, basically their entry level floor standing speakers at the time. Think I paid about $750 for them. I can't believe how good they sound, lol. Im using them while my Prodigy panels are being redone.

Never thought they could sound so good. Used to drive them with a Denon receiver.

Zwick

Reaction score
I use an original version Aragon 8008ST to drive my reQuests. Class A and then AB over 25 watts. Amp has biwire speaker outputs. Handles the demanding load of the speakers with aplomb.

roberto

Reaction score
Roberto is this friends or family? I just ran across the thread.

You want to stay on the good side of that horse.
Hola Brad,
That was a good analogy, don't you think so? I got the picture in the Internet. And yes, I don't want to stay behind of the giant animal. Beautiful horse, by the way.

How is your system doing? I am in love with my CLXs...right now I'm using Conrad Johnson gear...the best sound quality that I ever had.

Also thanks for your kind words!

Happy listening!

Latest posts