Call me crazy but they (magic dots) work!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin,

I agree that it has been a good discussion but given the broad range of issues discussed, that go well beyond room acoustics, I think the forum members would be better served by Mr. Winer starting a new thread as I suggested in my last post "PS" above.

It might focus the measurement / objective observation issues into distinct categories and allow members to specifically respond to those categories be it wire, acoustic treatment, amplifiers, preamplifiers, speakers, etc. and, assuming it exists, the synergy thereof.

Just a thought.

GG

Last edited:
Once again, a Crown Power Base amplifier is not a high fidelity component. They are used primarily for sound reinforcement where the only goals are loud and reliable.

BTW: Here's what we are talking about...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/msg/936297260.html

The reason we aren't hearing any difference between cable, is because we don't have a
system capable of any resolution.

Last edited:
I think the forum members would be better served by Mr. Winer starting a new thread as I suggested in my last post "PS" above.

I'm not here to start new threads that rile up people and make them angry. As is clearly the case here. Besides, I'm teaching an entire workshop on this subject at the upcoming AES show October 9-12, 2009. So anyone interested in discussing the audibility of distortion and other artifacts is welcome to attend. I might even be able to get you guys a few free passes. :cheers:

In the larger sense, I think a comment you made in a previous posts sums up the problem well:

no one, despite the numerous posts to the contrary, is going to change their mind.

What this tells me is that nothing I or anyone else says will ever convince you of anything. No matter how compelling the logic, or even if you took part in a DBT that proved you cannot in fact tell which speaker wire is used or whether Marigo dots are present in the room. I imagine you'd then object to the test or the test method, or complain that blind testing itself is flawed. Does this about sum it up?

--Ethan

a Crown Power Base amplifier is not a high fidelity component.

Jeff, I'm trying hard to ignore you, but this is just preposterous. And it's especially rich coming from you, the guy that has only the most "revealing" equipment, but cheaped out and bought bargain basement acoustic treatment. :D

--Ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back