Cables~Wires~Cords... Once More Unto The Breach - A Tortured Look At What We Love...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try Mapleshade

These wires certainly fall into the "anti cable" camp. Look wierd, are fragile, and are not shielded. That's maybe, the "bad news".

Good news. Outstanding price / performance ratio. Extremely quick and transparent. 30 day money back guarantee on "stock" items.

If you've heard and like the sound of Mapleshade Recordings which, IMHO, is one of the top labels out there for sound quality, you will like Pierre's cable. He started making / selling his own cables because he wasn't satisfied with the "sound" of other market cables.

As I recently told Rich, it's pretty painless to try / audition. I'm using the Excalibur Plus and I love the "non sound" of the interconnects. There are also lower price options available. Don't get discouraged by what is stated in the catalog. Sounds "cheesy". As they say in the Nike commercial, JUST DO IT! I trust that you will not be disappointed.

GG :rocker:

Mapleshade Cables...

Gordon,

I had never heard of Mapleshade Cables. They look interesting. :) I'll have to check them out... :D

Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

Attachments

• Mapleshade Cables.jpg
    Mapleshade Cables.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Mapleshade - Cables - speaker cables.jpg
    Mapleshade - Cables - speaker cables.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Mapleshade - Cables - Power Cable.jpg
    Mapleshade - Cables - Power Cable.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 93
Gordon,

I had never heard of Mapleshade Cables. They look interesting. :) I'll have to check them out... :D

Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

Hi Robin,

Thank you for finding / posting the Mapleshade pictures. As I said, they look wierd but sound wonderful.

GG

Transparent Reference Cable - IC's...

:D LOGANLOVE had mentioned these on another thread. I think, I have seen Transparent Ref cables on many of the systems I have seen posted on the Internet. :D Definately, in the higher end, as far as cost goes... ;)

Attachments

• Transparent Ref MM SS 15.jpg
    Transparent Ref MM SS 15.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Transparent Reference MM SS 15.jpg
    Transparent Reference MM SS 15.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Transparent Ref Bal - IC - Top view.jpg
    Transparent Ref Bal - IC - Top view.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Transparent Ref Bal - IC.jpg
    Transparent Ref Bal - IC.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 168
Transparent Reference ~ Speaker Cable...

:D Beautiful Transparent Ref Bi-wire Speaker cable looks very fine... :cheers:

Attachments

• Transparent Ref - Speaker Cable.jpg
    Transparent Ref - Speaker Cable.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Transparent Ref - Speaker Bi-wire.jpg
    Transparent Ref - Speaker Bi-wire.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 172
So, after reading this thread, i got quite interested in the Crystal cables and the AntiCables.. The AntiCables really got me intrigued so for less than $100, I thought I'd give it a try. I just ordered a pair of 7 foot cables for the mains and a 4 foot for the centre. Should be here in a couple of weeks.
I've wasted a lot more money than tis before so what the heck, why not?
Anyone else using the AntiCables??

I was looking at their site yesterday. I thought the same thing. All of their cables look good and their prices are hard to resist.

I'm thinking about making some silver ICs to see what they are like. I need long cables so DIY is about the only way I will do it.

Hopefully some other members have tried them and will give some input.

AntiCables...

So, after reading this thread, i got quite interested in the Crystal cables and the AntiCables.. The AntiCables really got me intrigued so for less than $100, I thought I'd give it a try. I just ordered a pair of 7 foot cables for the mains and a 4 foot for the centre. Should be here in a couple of weeks.
I've wasted a lot more money than tis before so what the heck, why not?
Anyone else using the AntiCables??
MickeyVee,

Yes, I know two members who use AntiCables... GregLett ~ system #155; Bruce Weilland system #124, to name a couple. ;) AntiCables seem to be an excellent solid core cable and as you said very reasonably priced... :cheers:

http://www.siltechcables.com

i don't care if there are more expensive cables out there i just know that these are the best cables.i am dogmatic as you will be when you listen to them.:cheers: :rocker: :D :haha1:

MickeyVee,

Yes, I know two members who use AntiCables... GregLett ~ system #155; Bruce Weilland system #124, to name a couple. ;) AntiCables seem to be an excellent solid core cable and as you said very reasonably priced... :cheers:

I have been interested to use anti cables for a long time but never really pulled the trigger on it. Can we have the honor of a review or feedback from GregLett and Bruce? Also, please let us know what kind of anti cables you guys have.

MickeyVee, your feedback as well and what you bought.

Thanks

Rudy

Last edited:
IMHO, there is no "best cable"

http://www.siltechcables.com

i don't care if there are more expensive cables out there i just know that these are the best cables.i am dogmatic as you will be when you listen to them:

With all due respect to Cleon and others who claim that Siltech, Transparent, or whatever manufacturer of wire is the "best", the word "best" is, by nature, totally subjective. I believe many people will agree that the "wire" is but one piece of a total system. Other components obviously include the hardware and the room. IMHO, the most important aspect of what is "best" is ultimately determined by each persons subjective judgement as to what sounds BEST or RIGHT within the context of their budget, system hardware, the listening environment, and their personal listening biases.

I will openly admit that I, like many others, am subject to brand loyalty and, if the "brand", be it wire, speakers, electronics, is what you like, that's what ultimately matters. My bias leans towards a very clear, transparent, "live" sound versus a "warmer" sound and I have selected the various hardware elements of my system based on that bias. Works for me but for others, I suspect my system MAY sound too thin and over analytical. I really don't care because that's what is BEST for me.

Respectfully,

GG ;)

Last edited:
i am talking about high end and for systems that cost 50000 and more,siltech is very analytical,trasparent and believe me i have tryied a lot high end cables like valhala,cardas,audioquest(everest and sky),tara labs the one....WITH DIFERENT speakers like nova utopia from jmlab,zingali 215,summits.A good cable fits everywhere and all others is a myth.SORRY !!!!Siltech uses silver and gold i wish that they where be cheaper or find a cable for less money doing my job but i haven't.I dare all of you in this forum to listen to ls-188 mkii satt and compass lake interconects and then tell me if you have heatd anything better than these cables no matter the budget....:haha1:

Better within what context

Cleon,

Appreciate your comments about the Siltech cables but I don't think you get what I was trying to explain. My sincere apologies if I wasn't clear. For example, do you need a $50K+ system to hear what the Siltech cable really does? I don't know because I've never had the opportunity to "cable swap" with an upper five figure system but I do believe, regardless of the cost of a system, there exists an overall synergy that makes the whole (the reproduced sound of music within your personal listening environment and your personal reaction to that sound) greater that the sum of its electronic / mechanical parts.

I suspect many people would strongly disagree with you that their cables, if they are not Siltech, are a "myth".

So we can honestly and respectfully agree to disagree. I'm glad you feel so passionate about the Siltech line. That's part of what makes our hobby fun and intellectually engaging.

Best regards,

Gordon ;)

Last edited:
I agree with Gordon here. This isnt drag racing where there is always a clear winner....the high end audio "guild" (Dave Wilson doesnt think "industry" is a proper term for it) is a purely subjective realm. It is beautiful, because so many manufacturers, reviewers, dealers, and most important, the end user, can have incredibly different opinions (key word) as to what is "best"...or "better"..and even "good" or "bad"....and the best part? They are ALL right. :)

No one can tell me that the Wilson MAXX 2 is the best speaker I have ever listened to...no one. They can sure disagree with me, but Im still right.

Likewise, no one can tell cleon that Siltech cables arent the best. Because to him, they obviously are. And he is right. Would I be wrong to say that Zu cables are better than Siltech? No...as long as I feel they provide me with a better experience than Siltech, then I am correct. Does that make cleon a poor judge of cables? No. It simply means that 2 people can have vastly different opinions on cables. And thats it. No arguement needed, no defensive position to hold up.....thats just it.

Its a great hobby or lifestyle to be a part of. Because I think most of us who consider ourselves some kind of "audiophile", or whatever term you wish to apply, are always looking for something to make our enjoyment of music more satisfying.

I would also hope that we would all be open minded enough to try other products based either on others' opinions, or simply out of curiosity...and do so without skepticism. You just never know what another component or tweak will bring to a system until you try it. Simple as that. Of course, if we arent looking to spend more money on audio equipment, then of course, maybe auditioning alternative product may not be the best idea. hehehe....

Just my $.02

probably i was missunderstood since english is not my native lanquage.What i want to say to this forum is that i am having great results with this cables and i recomend them strongly if anyone here want to go move in this price range as i recomend other cables as well,like cardas interconects golden ref and stereovox signature.I like to help people with my experiance because there are many expencive products out there which are redicusly over priced and don't worth it.There are some companies that the magazines giving great critics only because they give much money in advertismends.

Cleon,

I've got agree with Gordon and Audiophiliac on this one. The Siltech's are probably the best you've heard in your system and are therefore your reference. It's excellent that you have them then, very happy for you.

However, I think we all know that Synergisitc Research makes the best cables in the world! ;)

Just kidding, yanking your chain, sorry...

(no really - they're the best) :rolleyes:

cleon,

You have tried some AMAZING cables! Love the Everest from AudioQuest! I think for the length I need in my system they would cost more than ALL THE REST OF THE SYSTEM COMBINED! YEOW! Always thought Nordost were interesting, but they do not appeal to me...have listened to them at the ML dealer, but never A/Bed them or had them in my system...

pcar928fan,

i have to agree that everest is a very good speaker cable but not as good as the siltech's,BUT IF YOU NOTICED everest is so much expensive because it uses silver too.Valhalas are very hard and thin to my ears and i thing they are very much overprised.Probebly around 1000 usd for 2,5 m would be fine but for the money they ask.....sorry but i have heard plenty of better cables from mit,siltech,audioquest,analysis(great bargain),synergestic etc.:cheers:

Last edited:
Back