Cables (oh no, not THIS topic!)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, you've got me thinking about this so I am going to do kind of a reverse test. I've spent a lot of money on cables over the years so I'm going to order a pair of Signal Cables speaker cables (either Ultra or Silver) and replace my Cardas Clear Cygnus speaker cables.

I have the "silver" version in 30 and 40 foot lengths. Good stuff and Frank is very easy to work with. The remainder of my wire is mid line Shunyata.

As far as learning to use REW... maybe I am just being lazy, but while REW may be free to obtain, it is not free to learn as my time also has value. I'm not saying that I will never learn REW, and in fact, since I am bringing in subs, I may have to learn REW. However, since I feel our system is sounding pretty good, I would rather spend my time listening to music (or dealing with one of the other hundred things on my to-do list), than messing around learning a new piece of software...
It was a steep learning curve because I wasn't finding the direct, ultra-beginner's guide to "this is what to connect to what and how to setup the very first time". The humongous leap in learning REW came when someone suggested using an HDMI cable instead of what I was using, a Focusrite audio interface which was a struggle to connect and adjust every time. With just an HDMI cable and a mic, it makes it quick and easy to measure.

I'm not suggesting that you "should" use it, but if you ever do and want help, I know I'm not the only one who would be happy to help.

Personally I love a combination of adamantium and unicorn hair ;)

Sadly I know a guy who has$10K speakers and $25K in interconnects and speaker cable elevated off the floor on ceramic mushrooms. No room treatments at all. He has no bass, but swears everything is so much clearer with those wires.
I wonder what LS $34k more than he has would result in🙂 However, if you feel this is it why not? It's he money.

I wonder what LS $34k more than he has would result in🙂 However, if you feel this is it why not? It's he money.

^^ This is a perfectly acceptable attitude. If people were happy and confident with their purchases, then they wouldn't be asking questions on forums, would they?

Problem is, people come to these forums seeking advice.

I guess, the simplest thing to say is: don't ask a question if you're not prepared for the response!

^^
Problem is, people come to these forums seeking advice.

I guess, the simplest thing to say is: don't ask a question if you're not prepared for the response!

That is so true! Also, if you are not going to learn how things work scientifically then you are wasting your time. If you have no science knowledge at all, how will you know if your being lied to by shady manufacturers. You do not need to be an expert, just have the basics. Many people on this forum will educate anyone if they ask. We are not a pushy group, the only dumb question is the unasked question, well, unless you want a high end system and are looking at Bose. Then it really is a dumb question! :)

I have the "silver" version in 30 and 40 foot lengths. Good stuff and Frank is very easy to work with. The remainder of my wire is mid line Shunyata.
Good customer service as well. Frank responded the next morning to let me know that he received my order and that lead time was looking to be 3+ weeks. I'm certainly in no rush but his business must be doing well if he is that far out on a pretty standard pair of speaker cables (6' spade to spade)...

I bought a pair of the Ultras a few months ago. Frank explained that the lead time was so long as he was working with reduced staff because of the pandemic.

Latest posts

Back