Cable choices with your Martin Logans.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

ttocs

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
RJ what meter are you using?
I guess you mean me, ttocs (Scott), and not RJ?

The new meter is a Hantek 1832C LCR meter.
71XXG0KGPZL._SL1500_.jpg

Big Dog RJ

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Oh right. Those meters & measurements... nothing really fancy. I usually get the installer to do all that then when I have to choose between two kinds, I keep both over a period of several weeks to assess, finally keeping one based in several criteria and mostly by ear. If I like it, and it's more believable, I keep it! So, I leave all those nitty gritty things to the experts, when it comes to measurements.

I remember back a few years ago, there was this chap who was all into measurements and claimed that by specs alone & measuring tools, he can point out the best of the best! So we got together and presented him a particular amplifier with certain specs & measurement data. He claimed that this amp was the best he's ever come across and therefore must be truly amazing.... it turned out to be a Kenwood car audio amp! We laughed so hard that one of the guys lost his dentures... (edit* spelled dentures wrong! too many...🍺)

Goes to show that specs alone aren't the holy grail... of course when the designers behind the brand put together something special, they carry out all the necessary measurements required. All we have to do is listen to it... if it sounds good to fantastic then use it! And that's what I do.

Cheers, RJ

Last edited: