Buzzzz in my Clarity

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat17

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was watching a DVD tonight when suddenly a buzz sound appeared and remained at a stable volume. :eek:

When I came next to my Clarity, I couldn't identify where it was coming from exactly. It just stopped when I removed the AC cable.

After I put the cable back, the buzz came back as well. I tried to unplug it another time, waited some time, and re-inserted the cable again. The buzz had disappeared.

What do you think of it? Is it just a loose connection that was creating an interference, or is it a more serious problem which should lead the Clarity to service? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your advice / experience about similar situation... ;)

pat17 said:
Hi there,

I was watching a DVD tonight when suddenly a buzz sound appeared and remained at a stable volume. :eek:

When I came next to my Clarity, I couldn't identify where it was coming from exactly. It just stopped when I removed the AC cable.

After I put the cable back, the buzz came back as well. I tried to unplug it another time, waited some time, and re-inserted the cable again. The buzz had disappeared.

What do you think of it? Is it just a loose connection that was creating an interference, or is it a more serious problem which should lead the Clarity to service? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your advice / experience about similar situation... ;)

Sounds like dust on the panel. I suggest cleaning the panels...unplug, allow to discharge overnight (or longer), then vacuum panels, plug-in and play.

Steve,

I unplugged the Clarity yesterday at night, and I vaccumed the panel this morning - twice on the front side, and once on the rear side. I re-plugged it, played a whole SACD, without a single problem... :)

Thanks a lot for your help. :cool:

Now, I have to do it for the other one, and the cinema i - I've noticed that when idle, the vacuumed Clarity was more silent than the other one. It's not that important, because from my listening position, I can't hear neither of them. But it looks that a good vacuum is doing well for them... :cool:

Glad to hear this did the trick for you. Many here will suggest doing this as often as monthly to keep your speakers performing their best. Personally, I probably do this every 2-3 months, whenever my speakers start sounding a little dull. It seems to do the trick.

Humm, I get a buzz often when listening to my system.

Vacuuming is a good thing, but a great DVD-A, spun at the right volume, and there, I get that superb MartinLogan induced Buzz ;)

Pat17, Glad it was just some dust that was easily addressed.

I've been vacuuming my speakers every couple of weeks. I do this in my music room anyway so adding the speakers to the agenda is no hassle.

Back