bryston integrated and ML speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sibbi

Hi, I am new to this friendly forum. I do not own martin logan speakers but I am looking into replacing my speakers. I am looking at both ML vantage and Vista or maybe Quad 2805. Do you think that the ML speakers will work with my amp, wich is bryston b100 integrated.
regards sibbi

Since the Martin Logans are 4 ohm speakers and your Bryston integrated puts out 180 watts at 4 ohms, it should work fine. I think your integrated would work good with the Vantage model because it has it's own powered woofer.

If you went for an older Martin Logan speaker without the powered woofer section your integrated might not be enough

It should work fine with either the Vista or Vantage. However, I would expect it to work better with the Vantage since the woofers are powered in the Vantage. You are essentially getting a pair of 200w mono amps to drive the Vantage woofers taking a significant load off of the main amp.

The recommended amp requirements for the Vantage is 100-250 watts and the Vista is 100-200 watts (these specs usually don't apply to tube amps) so your Bryston is within the recommended range of both.

I'm sure the Vista will sound good with the Bryston B100 but the Vantage would be "more of a good thing" especially in the bass department.

I don't know about the Quad speaker since I have absolutely no experience with Quads.

Welcome to the forum.

Sibbi, Welcome, I am in agreement with Moon and Craig as your integrated amp should get you well on your way. regarding the Quads, I just listened to them the other day at my dealer, he had both 2805 and the 2905's it is amazing that the fit and finish is much improved now that production has been moved to China ! Both sounded fantastic as their respective midrange rivals that of the Logans but when it comes to bass the Summitt (which falls price wise between the two) is hands down superior. So with that being said the Vantage I think is a bargain compared to the 2805 and besides your Bryston intgrated will do a better job with the Vantage than the Quad 2805 I suspect.

Good Luck !!

thanks

Thanks for your replies, it is nice to get opinions from experienced Logan users. I am waiting for the dealer here to receive a pair of the vantage speakers. of the new range they only have the summits wich are amazing but out of my price range. Actually here in Iceland the Summits cost more than the quad 2905. I have heard and liked the quads but the ML speakers just look a lot nicer.
Thanks again for your help, Sibbi

Back