Brown delivered new panels today

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
I recieved my new panels for my Quests today at 5:30 as Jim at Martin Logan promised , I had the old ones off and waiting, the new panels are updated and have the bronze color with the stator spacers at different widths, enough about the statistics, after I hooked them up I turned on a cd on repeat and left for 4 hrs , (mini burn in) after I got back I sat down for some initial listning and was I FLOORED, these damn near brought me to tears with joy, I have had three different Maggies and both Carver Amazings, and never have I set the speakers and chair in the rough position , and had the image and depth with NO harsh sounds, I am a in peer joy and know that it is only going to get better, all these years listning to Logans at stores and not taking them to heart was a HUGE mistake , fellas I am going back to put another cd in the player and hit "sonic nirvana" glad to be part of the Martin Logan club Chris :D :D :D

C.A.P,
I am so happy everything turned out better than you had hoped. Remember they are not really broken in until you get 20 to 40 hours on them. I know some tell you to play something continuously but why waste the time, listen and enjoy because they will only start to reveal more than they do right now.
It a win win

Jeff :cool:

C.A.P said:
I recieved my new panels for my Quests today at 5:30 as Jim at Martin Logan promised , I had the old ones off and waiting, the new panels are updated and have the bronze color with the stator spacers at different widths, enough about the statistics, after I hooked them up I turned on a cd on repeat and left for 4 hrs , (mini burn in) after I got back I sat down for some initial listning and was I FLOORED, these damn near brought me to tears with joy, I have had three different Maggies and both Carver Amazings, and never have I set the speakers and chair in the rough position , and had the image and depth with NO harsh sounds, I am a in peer joy and know that it is only going to get better, all these years listning to Logans at stores and not taking them to heart was a HUGE mistake , fellas I am going back to put another cd in the player and hit "sonic nirvana" glad to be part of the Martin Logan club Chris :D :D :D

The only thing that rivaled that wonderful feeling for me besides the birth of my children, was the day I walked out of that court room a free man!

That was the day my divorce was final...LOL

i Know that feeling...

Hola Criss, I´m so glad that at last you are enjoying your new ML sound. Welcome again to the family!...happy listening and always trust your ears! I also know the sound of the Maggies, but ML is, to my ears, far better...it looks that to yours too!!!
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto. :D

MOST EXCELLENT!!!!!

I am glad you have fixed your problem and have come out on top! Good job with the replacement panels - as usual, with the help of ML's great CS!

Three cheers for Chris and his Quests!!!

:) ;) :D

Congat’s CAP,

Good to here you got your Logan’s are back up and running again. By the way did the new panels come with clear spars installed?

Zip3kx07 said:
Congat’s CAP,

Good to here you got your Logan’s are back up and running again. By the way did the new panels come with clear spars installed?

No they are not the clear spars,(dont think the older technology of the Quests can support them ) however they are spaced a little different than the original ones, the original ones had the top and bottom spars spaced about 3 inches from the top and bottom and then pretty much the same width throughout the panel, the new ones are from the bottom up , 2,3,4,3,4,3,4,4,3,4,3,4,3,2 this staggered spacing must be something Martin Logan improved on as it appears that it better controls dispersion of sound, the coatings on the stator panels is the new coating, and the coating on the Mylar is the new stuff that they use (this is what Jim Power told me at ML) . all this said they are SWEET, and I know they will only get better. :D

My brother in law has a set of the original Quests he bought new. How much did the electrostat panels cost you?

attyonline said:
My brother in law has a set of the original Quests he bought new. How much did the electrostat panels cost you?

$695.00 to my door , best $695.00 Iv spent in a long time , tell him to go for it :cool:

My QuestZ might also be in need of new panels... I have the '96 model, but the only issue is that new panels cost approx. $1700 USD + shipping (!) in Sweden... That's NO fun... But, you can't win 'em all :p

Congrats to the new panels, mate... :D

// Lars, Sweden

New panels for quests

Did you notice that your panels had less presence in the upper frequency range before you replaced them? The reason I am asking is that I bought a set of Areus' from one of my professors for 300 bucks and they sound a bit off. The previous owner was a smoker and a bad house-keeper, so my assumption is that these panels have become uncleanable. What are your thoughts.

Current System:

Rotel RCD 1070
Rotel Line Conditioner
AudioQuest DBS Cables
Denon AVR 3600 (Upgrading to seperates)

roberto said:
Hola Criss, I´m so glad that at last you are enjoying your new ML sound. Welcome again to the family!...happy listening and always trust your ears! I also know the sound of the Maggies, but ML is, to my ears, far better...it looks that to yours too!!!
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto. :D
Hola!!!!!!!!

Back