Broken banana- speaker cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Well, my son decided to play with the speaker cables this morning and broke the banana plug in half.

Does anyone know what it takes to get this fixed, and how much it might cost? I have a 3-meter strand of Nordost Red Dawns.

I would call or E-mail Nordost, and ask them. you will probably need to send it in and have it re-terminated.

I'd say $35 at a local shop (make sure they are Nordost dealer), otherwise you will be shipping them off to Nordost (perhaps a little more expensive).

Oh, and they are called Z-Plugs. I've switched to spades - needed the extra length.

See second page:
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=1124&highlight=ranch
I've had the units sitting around for a week waiting for the speaker wires to get fixed. Picked up the speaker wires yesterday ($100 labor, $40 parts), put it in today, the new spade connectors are real heavy duty - Audio Quest.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys. Kach22i, I do remember the bad say at stereo ranch. I guess I'm riding that horse around now.

SugarMedia said:
Thanks for the replys. Kach22i, I do remember the bad say at stereo ranch. I guess I'm riding that horse around now.
I would not trust a shop who is not an authorized and experience dealer of Nordost to do this job. It's easy enough for someone who has done it, I choose not to be on the front part of someones learning curve - including my own.:D

Back