Broke down and bought an i-Pod

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheBobGoat said:
So, you guys all have ipods -- I have resisted. About 1.5 yrs ago I bought a Dell DJ 30 gb (non-video) mp3 player. It was 75 dollars less than the same ipod at the time.

Any thoughts?

My first iPod has about 3 years now and I am very happy with it - I don't need to change it. Why do you need to change your marvelous Dell, which has more features for less ?

Resisting against buying a superior product does not pay off in the end. The apple market share is low ALSO because their products have a longer life and offer satisfaction over a much longer time span. As for the Zune, it is a stupid attempt at clawing away some market share from Apple - the only thing that Microsoft can do is to copy from others, and mostly they turn out with a bad copy. I wonder what is the Zune's battery charge performance. As for the interface, it's way too filled with gimmicks and complicated - I couldn't care less about menus which fade, I want FAST access to the tune or playlist I want to hear. As for the pricing, it won't be a real competition with the Apple iPod. For more comments on the Zune and related discussions, here are some links:

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/apple_itunes7.asp

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2006/commentary06091517.htm

http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analysts/gartenberg/archives/017050.html

http://metroxing.blogspot.com/2006/07/10-reasons-why-microsoft-portable.html

Look here how you can use your i-Pod together with your stereo equipment.
I saw this station at the 2006 Berlin Funkausstellung first time. There is a stereo receiver with a docking station too in the program.

Greetings, Frank

Attachments

• mipstation.jpg
    mipstation.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 68
Here is the receiver :

Attachments

• ez7station.jpg
    ez7station.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 61
Is there an RCA adaptor available that doesn't use the headphone jack? Needless to say I'm interested in one, but my gear is strictly analog, circa 1962!

Tube60 said:
Is there an RCA adaptor available that doesn't use the headphone jack? Needless to say I'm interested in one, but my gear is strictly analog, circa 1962!

Yes. Go to Apple.com and search under cables and accessories. They too have a great discussion forum for answering questions.

The boldface is mine

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. said on Thursday its new Zune music player will be sold at a price matching Apple Computer Inc.'s market-leading iPod and, as a result, lose money this holiday season.

Microsoft's 30-gigabyte Zune will retail for $249.99 -- 99 cents higher than the iPod with the same amount of storage -- when it goes on sale November 14. Songs available for download at the Zune Marketplace service will cost about 99 cents a song, on par with prices at Apple's iTunes, Microsoft said.

The world's largest software maker faces an uphill climb in trying to topple the popular iPod after conceding a five-year head start to Apple's media player.

The Zune aims to compete on features, not price, said an analyst. "They're not getting into a pricing war," said Michael Gartenberg, an analyst at technology and media research firm JupiterKagan Inc.

"It will be a competition of features versus features, form factor versus form factor, winning the hearts and minds of consumers with something other than price," Gartenberg said.

Microsoft said it needed to put a comparable price on Zune, even if it meant that the company will suffer a loss from the device's sales this holiday season.

"We had to look at what was in the market and offer a competitive price," said Scott Erickson, Microsoft's senior director of product marketing for Zune. "We're not going to be profitable this holiday but the Zune project is a multiyear strategy."

The Redmond, Washington-based software giant has said it plans to invest hundreds of millions of dollars to develop and market the Zune, and acknowledged the investment may take years to bear fruit.

ya, i read that and was dissapointed. Of course, their xbox 360 campaign is doing well and they are losing money on that thing still. sony is going to have a tough time this year financially

the other problem with zune is that they only have the 30gb version reportedly. so that is lame, when 60gb would seem standard to me now.

i read an article that said zune will just take market share from microsoft partners more than from apple...so really it doesnt help anyone.

we will see!

What's a good portable speaker set for the iPod? TIA

Back