British Invasion (with help from Ford)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightloopy

Reaction score
Since my 1995 993 Cab will be in the shop for some time getting engine attention I came across this car. Amazingly my wife supported this one with the YOLO argument. The 2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage ( under Ford ownership) was the answer to the 2006 911 . It couldn't be more different from a 911.
Gorgeous styling, with a V8 that makes a most glorious sound. It is nowhere near refined handling as a Porsche, but is it ever fun. I have been driving it daily past 3 months. Similar to the 911, there is tons of info on its evolution and sorting out through its production.

Attachments

• 20221009_165314.jpg
    20221009_165314.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221009_165414.jpg
    20221009_165414.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
How is maintenance on those? Is it about the same cost as Porsche? I wonder about reliability. They are beautiful! I always wanted one since the first James Bond movie I watched.

How is maintenance on those? Is it about the same cost as Porsche? I wonder about reliability. They are beautiful! I always wanted one since the first James Bond movie I watched.
From what I've read they are fairly reliable, and straightforward- weak spot is the clutch which is a pricey replacement (8-9K) . Jaguar engine reworked by AM , Graziano gearbox transaxle (used in Ferrari) and a lot of Ford Parts that can be cross referenced.

Wow, need I say Bond, James Bond!!!! I wish I had a wife like yours. Oops I do, she just got me this toy.

Attachments

• C3CD10AD-68BA-4AA4-9CFA-7CA93A0EA256.jpeg
    C3CD10AD-68BA-4AA4-9CFA-7CA93A0EA256.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Thanks. Happy travels in the camper! The V8 Vantages bottomed out just prior to the pandemic and have just started picking up steam. This car ( like the 993 cab) sit in that sweet spot of comfort and civility to be daily drivers but are still analog, visceral and engaging cars that don't need a track to enjoy.

Lovely car, congrats.

A nice GT can be a satisfying drive, not every outing is a race, sometimes simply enjoying the journey is the reward.

Back