Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2012

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahem. I know which I am preferring.:D

Nice try, Todd.:)
Comparing the looks of the two is like comparing the butt-ugly Honda Element with Joe's Ferrari, the Ferrari being the Classé, just in case Todd was wondering.

Comparing the looks of the two is like comparing the butt-ugly Honda Element with Joe's Ferrari, the Ferrari being the Classé, just in case Todd was wondering.

Nope, no wondering... it was immediately clear :)

Frankly, I'm not thrilled with either design. I do like that Chord amp though. Yowza!

This was nice. Classe CP800.

SDC13684-qpr.jpg

Check the spec - interesting. I sat there and listened and realised it was pointless. Needed much better speakers to assess it.

And Bernard - Adam is right - get it together!!! Too much Burmester, obviously:D

Yep. That Classés is stunning!

You should have come along to Reading. Excellent day. Not really a show but more a demonstration of equipment.

Rooms were set up with care and was much more personal than the typical show.

Definitely recommend you come along to the next one!

Rgds
M.

I concur with Marck's post regarding Reading event, keep an eye on Guildford Audio website for the next one, maybe late autumn?

Great to meet you Marc, looking for ward to hearing your CLX's..

Last edited:
Yeah they have done one or two before, I believe.

Main reason I didn't do Reading was distance and I usually enjoy Bristol. Actually I did this year due to the people I was with - just the sonics left a lot to be desired!

Main reason I didn't do Reading was distance and I usually enjoy Bristol.

You UK people with distance. I don't know. We drove from London to Bristol one day and were told by countless Brits that that could not possibly be completed in a day! HAHA, 2 hours or something!

So what's Reading? Half that?

They must have been mindless numpties, then, Adam. Central London from where I live is about 2.5 hours. Reading is almost exactly half that as you say.

Another reason is really that the only thing I wanted to hear that I hadn't heard before was the Maggie 3.7.

They must have been mindless numpties, then, Adam. Central London from where I live is about 2.5 hours. Reading is almost exactly half that as you say.

Another reason is really that the only thing I wanted to hear that I hadn't heard before was the Maggie 3.7.

Keep in mind that when down-under, a "close neighbor" is just 700 miles away. ;)

Justin, the 3.7's were running at Reading but only had a handful of hrs on them. Front end was the S7i through Dartzeel integrated or Arc/Krell pre power.

The reason I wanted to hear them was a refurbed Duetta owner was slagging them off. Therefore, curious to see what they were actually like.:D

Keep in mind that when down-under, a "close neighbor" is just 700 miles away. ;)

*Ahem* That would be "700 km away". Our antipodean friends are enlightened enough to use the metric measurement system. :)

Back