Box alternative to Martin Logan.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bang for Your Buck? Please Define!

Kevin said:
ML is more a bang for your buck speaker but once you pass the 10K mark there are a load of speakers that will out do an ML.
According to your remark, I can take it as a compliment where ML can be considered the best bargain out there in high-end audio or as an insult where ML is not really high-end enough to compete beyond the 10K mark! A "bang for the buck" phrase makes Martin Logan sound like a K-Mart special- I wouldn't use this analogy if I was you. There are a "load of speakers" out there "pass the 10K mark" that CANNOT compete with a pair of MLs. So before I give you a sound academic lecture:mad: on inept conclusions based on "price", that irrespective of whether a unit costs 10K or more, ML are truly high-end speakers that can compete with ANY models out there. We wouldn't have this forum if the rest of the folks who appreciate ML out there did not think so!

I have to agree with Jason. . .

Kevin said:
ML is more a bang for your buck speaker but once you pass the 10K mark there are a load of speakers that will out do an ML.

Just to expand a little, when my ears were deciding, I was comparing ML with:

Sonus Faber Cremona & Guanieri

Wilson Audio Sophia / Cub (standmounter just for interest)

B&W Nautilus Series

Wilson Benesch ACT

Sadly, the room I run the gear in isn't that big - 25'L, 11'W, 8' high, so even larger MLs are too much.

Quite simply, none of the others I heard could come close for transparency and detail resolution.

I'll say it again - I would NEVER go back to living with box speakers.

Cheers,

David

Why do you think I replaced my theater i with a mcintosh XR27? For the price the theater i was a decent speaker but for me who watches allot of movies I needed something more. So for almost 3 times the price I bought the mcintosh XR27.

Back