Bonedust....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DTB300

Reaction score
A few months back I had ordered a Power Cord from Bonedust to try out on my Power Amp. Since then, all of us have not heard anything from him on this site. Well, I just received a message from the company concerning Bonedust (Vic). Here is part of the message:

"The owner of this company, Vic, has been hospitalized for the last 6 months battling kidney cancer. Vic has lost his battle."

Just thought I would post the information so everyone would know about it.

Dan

DTB300 said:
"The owner of this company, Vic, has been hospitalized for the last 6 months battling kidney cancer. Vic has lost his battle."

Damn. He was a nice guy. Damn.

If anyone was dealing with Vic (Bonedust) at VKC Connections, the company has asked me to post this message regarding the business.....

"One of Vic's wishes was that we make sure we took care of anything related to VK Connections and make everything right. Vic's partner, Matt, has stepped up and will continue to provide all the same services."

So if you were dealing with Vic regarding a product and did not hear back from him, drop them a new note, or email, and they will be more than glad to help you out.

Dan

Bonedust

Jeff Zaret said:
Is there something we (The ML Club) can send to his family?

Dan, Jeff and Tom

I am sorry about this loss. Bondust will be missed. I wonder if their is anything we can do. Maybe, somewhere we could make a contribution in his name. What do you guys think?

-Robin

Robin said:
Dan, Jeff and Tom

I am sorry about this loss. Bondust will be missed. I wonder if their is anything we can do. Maybe, somewhere we could make a contribution in his name. What do you guys think?

-Robin
If someone would like to take the lead on this... find out the details, etc. then we can make a contribution to the American Cancer Society (assuming he was in the USA) and they will send a card to his family on behalf of us telling them of the donation.

If someone has a better idea, let's hear it.

Tom.

This is very strange......I "had" been in contact via email with family members and a supposed "busines partner" concerning a PC that I had ordered and paid for right before his death. They promised me that they would make right on the purchase with the PC as it was one of his dying wishes. I received many messages concerning delays of sending my PC due to this and that. One day they said they would ship the next day, but I never received ANYTHING. I finally emailed them back and said either send the PC or refund my money. I have not heard from them since (about two months ago now).

So with this in mind...I wonder what is really going on.

Dan

Bonedust...

Dan,

Maybe this person on "Audiogon" is just coincidentally using the handle "Bonedust". It couldn't our former ML Club member, as we know he passed away, correct? :confused: What do you think is going on, Dan?

From the ad:

" Also included are custom built VK Connection Hydra powercords"

It is definitely the same. Now, of course, it could be a family member using his moniker to sell his speakers, in any case someones not telling the whole truth.

The feedback on Audiogon stops at 1/05, so I do not know whats going on. He is either still around or someone has his login info and is posing as him on Audiogon. :confused:

Here's the situation as I know it.. I'll post this and close the thread...

To my knowledge, Bonedust (Vic) was a standup guy and never scammed anyone. It's my understanding that sales that were pending when Vic went into the hospital were delayed and that caused some initial confusion, but there was never anyone saying they thought anything was a scam. We all learned that Vic succumbed to his illness and that Vic's partner was continuing to run the business... Now we are learning that Vic's son, Vic Jr. is also running the business and people jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Vic Jr, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences and may your business continue to thrive. I have removed several posts on this thread and have now closed it.

Warm Regards,

Tom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back