Blu ray.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolfin

Reaction score
I read from digitalbits.com that the first movie released on blu ray was charlie's angels: full throttle. Now I like attractive lassies as much as the next bloke, but WHY pick such a lackluster title to demonstrate a new digital video format?

It just makes me sick in the pit of my stomach that out of all the movies ever made, they'd pick that one.

http://www.digitalbits.com/#brdauth

Charlies Angels...?

Dolfin said:
I read from digitalbits.com that the first movie released on blu ray was charlie's angels: full throttle. Now I like attractive lassies as much as the next bloke, but WHY pick such a lackluster title to demonstrate a new digital video format?

It just makes me sick in the pit of my stomach that out of all the movies ever made, they'd pick that one.

http://www.digitalbits.com/#brdauth
Ryan,

It just doesn't make any sence? Charlies Angels? Why?

I know you would agree with me, Ryan, I / we were hoping for a film like, "The Fifth Element" or "Master And Commander" or "Saving Private Ryan", now these are films that could really have had an impact... :D

I don't know what the film company excutives where thinking? I know, they were not thinking... :( Well, hopefully, we will hear of titles (like the ones suggested above), coming very soon, on the heels of "Charlies Angels"... :eek:

Cheers

-Robin

Boobs, boobs, boobs... We want to see them in high-rez!

• They don't want to miss out on the Christmas run.

• It's also one of those geeky blockbuster type movies with lots of explosions, and no plot. So it'll be a good test for what the format is capable of.

• Second, and this is key, they won't have to worry about anybody trying to pirate the first Blu Ray disc because nobody will want it.

Last edited:
Blue-Ray...

SugarMedia said:
Boobs, boobs, boobs... We want to see them in high-rez!

• They don't want to miss out on the Christmas run.

• It's also one of those geeky blockbuster type movies with lots of explosions, and no plot. So it'll be a good test for what the format is capable of.

• Second, and this is key, they won't have to worry about anybody trying to pirate the first Blu Ray disc because nobody will want it.
SugarMedia,

Bue-Ray is probably going to be the formate of choice, and will be coming out in the spring, according to Joe... :D I only hope the movie studio's get a clue soon, about producing higher quality films. One can only hope the studio's will take a higher road... ;)

Cheers

-Robin

You will notice a lot of DVD’s these days that say on the back “Mastered in Hi-definition” that’s because all studios master there movies in a D5 standard and digitize it for DVD later. The movie industry found it more coast effective to master the D5 tape in Hi-Def first and then convert it down to 480i for DVD, so they now have the same movie ready for both Hi-Def and DVD. There are lots of movies that are ready for release, the studios just needs to know what standard HD-DVD or Blu-Ray and when to release them?

Charles Angles is just the first movie to be printed on a Blu-Ray disk that’s all. Right now the entire industry is backing Blu-Ray because of the PlayStation 3. if Sony sells 3 million PS3’s in three months, that’s 3 million Blu-Ray drives in north America. Do you think Toshiba will be able to do that with HD-DVD? Every studio that said they would support HD-DVD is now supporting both, and half the industry is only supporting Blu-Ray.

If your looking for a Hi-Def DVD format, Blu-Ray is the one to get.

Update!

"Panasonic has announced that they have begun pilot Blu-Ray production of dual-layer 50GB discs in their Torrance, California factory. They claim to already have an 80% success rate in production."

For current news check out:
http://www.blu-ray.com/ :D

Panasonic leading the way...

Dolfin said:
"Panasonic has announced that they have begun pilot Blu-Ray production of dual-layer 50GB discs in their Torrance, California factory. They claim to already have an 80% success rate in production."

For current news check out:
http://www.blu-ray.com/ :D
Ryan,

Did Panasonic happen to say when they would be selling their first players retail? I don't know that I'd purchase a Panisonic player, but maybe the other companies will follow suit. I like Pioneer Elite DVD players too. I hope that Pioneer follows Panasonic's lead... ;)

Cheers

-Robin

Latest posts

Back